New Limited Service On The Bx36

I Run Trains

So as I'm riding home on the Bx36 in washington Hts I noticed a couple of bus stops was pushed back. More bus stop space. I asked the drive why the pushed it back and he said they are suppost to be running artics on the Bx36 splitting the artics with the Bx19. So I guess there will be a lot more 40 footers on the 19 and more artics on the Bx36 during rush hour huh!

So as I'm riding home on the Bx36 in washington Hts I noticed a couple of bus stops was pushed back. More bus stop space. I asked the drive why the pushed it back and he said they are suppost to be running artics on the Bx36 splitting the artics with the Bx19. So I guess there will be a lot more 40 footers on the 19 and more artics on the Bx36 during rush hour huh!

Oh NO! Now that is a bad thing, Bx19 is the heaviest route used during Rush hours. Now the bx19 will be more packed and slow which is NOT good.

But if they do have the Bx19 run 40 footers and 60 ft[if thats the length of an arctic] then i hope more RTSs come in!

Oh NO! Now that is a bad thing, Bx19 is the heaviest route used during Rush hours. Now the bx19 will be more packed and slow which is NOT good.

But if they do have the Bx19 run 40 footers and 60 ft[if thats the length of an arctic] then i hope more RTSs come in!

Um.... So if the Bx19 is the heaviest why didn't the 19 get the Limited?

I know the 19 and the 36 are the monsters out of west farms but if the 19 is heavier, why give it the Limited

Um.... So if the Bx19 is the heaviest why didn't the 19 get the Limited?

I know the 19 and the 36 are the monsters out of west farms but if the 19 is heavier, why give it the Limited

And why did the Bx36 get it then? I would like a reason tho.

I would of used it on the Bx19 too but im guessing the wait time for Local and LTD on th Bx19 would be a bit of a problem?

Well many of the RTS sadly got transferred to LaGuardia Depot. I do believe the Bx19 needs Limited now as well.

Well many of the RTS sadly got transferred to LaGuardia Depot. I do believe the Bx19 needs Limited now as well.

Yup I agree. But this can take yrs or so...

but how many RTSs left WF?

I went on saturday and found:

8419, 8444, 8556, 8407, 8788, 8810, 8981

and a few others that was too far..

Yup I agree. But this can take yrs or so...

but how many RTSs left WF?

I went on saturday and found:

8419, 8444, 8556, 8407, 8788, 8810, 8981

and a few others that was too far..

I think we still have 8405, 8407, 8419, 8444, 8556-8559, 8787, 8788, 8807-8810 and 8981-8982, as 8561, 9173, 9174 left for LGA and the rest of the RTS will leave for other depots as well sooner or later. ;)

I think we still have 8405, 8407, 8419, 8444, 8556-8559, 8787, 8788, 8807-8810 and 8981-8982, as 8561, 9173, 9174 left for LGA and the rest of the RTS will leave for other depots as well sooner or later. ;)

plz dont tell me the RTSs in the Bronx era will be over again :)!!?? Even tho they are retiring slowly.. So what is west farms getting to replace em? I hope its more MJQ rts.. Unless DLs are taking over too in future?

plz dont tell me the RTSs in the Bronx era will be over again B)!!?? Even tho they are retiring slowly.. So what is west farms getting to replace em? I hope its more MJQ rts.. Unless DLs are taking over too in future?

9827-9876 Orion V CNG's

plz dont tell me the RTSs in the Bronx era will be over again ;)!!?? Even tho they are retiring slowly.. So what is west farms getting to replace em? I hope its more MJQ rts.. Unless DLs are taking over too in future?

9827-9876 Orion V CNG's

In morning, I got on Bx36 #WF #7769 departed Randall/Olmstead at 7:56, arriving 179th St/Broadway at 9:03. This B/O told GC Lady, "THis doesn't work. It leaving too much people."

In afternoon, I caught Pugsley Bx36 LTD and it was mad confusion on rush hour.

Hispanic-Asian like Lady wanted to get before crossing Bronx River, but she got panic when bus didn't stop.

Teenager who got on Parkchester-E. 177th St area was cursing to himself because B/O said it stop Story Av, but he wanted Watson Av.

In morning, I got on Bx36 #WF #7769 departed Randall/Olmstead at 7:56, arriving 179th St/Broadway at 9:03. This B/O told GC Lady, "THis doesn't work. It leaving too much people."

In afternoon, I caught Pugsley Bx36 LTD and it was mad confusion on rush hour.

Hispanic-Asian like Lady wanted to get before crossing Bronx River, but she got panic when bus didn't stop.

Teenager who got on Parkchester-E. 177th St area was cursing to himself because B/O said it stop Story Av, but he wanted Watson Av.

Haha sucks to be them.

Little off-topic Bx12(+) still is problem. Lots of Bx12(+) riders still doesn't understand you need to paid at bus stop. Especially at JC Penny and Bronx Zoo. It has been started June 28th, 2008.

Back on Bx36, I saw Bx36 Local riders had shocked face when Bx36 LTD only made major LTD stops.

I got this news regarding the Bx36 LTD:

Even tho this is a bit of old news, thought Id post this:

Earlier this week, MTA New York City Transit officially launched the Bx36 Limited. The new service on the Bx36 was put in place to help save long distance customers up to 8 minutes or 10% travel time. Here are the complete details courtesy of a press release sent to me by MTA New York City Transit:

In order to speed up the trip for customers traveling between Manhattan and the Bronx along the Bx36 route, MTA NYC Transit introduced the Bx36 Limited-Stop this week. The Bx36 Limited will operate on weekdays during the morning and evening rush hours between White Plains Road/Story Avenue in the Bronx and 181st Street/Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattan. The Bx36 Local will continue to make all stops at all times.

The Bx36 Limited-Stop service is expected to save long distance customers up to eight minutes per one-way trip or a 10% savings in total travel time. During the AM and PM peak periods, every other scheduled Bx36 trip will operate as a Bx36 Limited. Westbound Bx36 Limited service will operate from 6:40 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and from 2:46 p.m. to 6:20 p.m.; eastbound service operates from 6:38 a.m. to 9:57 a.m. and from 2:23 p.m. to 7:31 p.m. on weekdays.

Source: Transitbloggers.com

September 11, 2009

@yuki: They should have signs up on the +SBS stops, i think its just new people who moved anywhere near the 12 +SBS

Archived