Weird QV O7 OG Battery

Infamous85

It's one of the few OG hybrids with Lithium-ion batteries instead of the lead-acid ones.

GEDC2057.jpg

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=85471&postcount=5

Nice pic :tup:, that's it.

It does seem odd, but at least they are going with the new lithium ion ones than to stick with more lead acid batteries. I won't be surprised when the time comes to replace the lead acid batteries on the older hybrids with the lithium ones.

Yeah, its good the (MTA) is going with these they're more efficient, we'll probably see more in the future.

Manhattanville's 6401 has it too.

I wonder how many OGs have that battery?

There's quite a few buses out of Manhattanville that has those batteries. Speking of which, they could've made the battery look kinda better cuz now it took away the signature hump on the top of the OG's

Yeah, I liked those 2 boxes on the roof, it looked clean and organized, kinda like how the roof on the LIB NGs look compared to the roof on the NYCB/MTAB NGs.

the right side battery cover of 6680 went up today. they had to put the bus outta service, plus it was raining, so thats not good.

That sounds scary and dangerous, those things don't look too secure.

The battery difference between the NG's from LIB and the NG's from NYCTA is that the LIB uses CNG power and NYCTA uses conventional diesel. That's why on LIB, the top is bigger

I know, I was just saying that I liked how the LIB NGs have a nice streamlined roof while the NYCB/MTAB NGs have multiple compartments on their roofs.

That's true, but at this point there are twice the number of NG's with a stremlined one-piece hub than the ones with the lead-acid battery. After #4450, the NG's won't even have that extra hump at the back either.

So what is that extra hump back there for?

Archived