Grand Central Shuttle and others

Grand Concourse

Is that Flatbush Av in photo 4? What's with those walls?

Yup. Yeah the walls are really overkill. The bumper blocks are there as well. I guess they don't want to take the chance in case a train doesn't slow down and proceeds strait into the HEET's I guess...

I still say they should've just extended the tracks further down than have a 'crossway connector'.

yea that is Flatbush. I think its there for the bumper. Tho it would of made sense not to include the walls!

Nice pics btw :P!

Thanks!

Yeah, I still feel it was overkill. The blocks should be enough. It's good enough for the GCT end of the Shuttle and the 7 at Flushing. hell the 2/5 crawls into the station, real low risk there [for the most part].

Yup. Yeah the walls are really overkill. The bumper blocks are there as well. I guess they don't want to take the chance in case a train doesn't slow down and proceeds strait into the HEET's I guess...

I still say they should've just extended the tracks further down than have a 'crossway connector'.

wouldnt the train be able to break down the wall if the bumper wasnt able to stop it?

I think the wall is there for humans sake not so much the trains. :(

- A

Yeah, sorry to say, but if you're leaning on that railing there, minding your own business and some train comes in and fails to stop: you have a high chance of being royally screwed. Wall or no wall, you are going to have a very bad day.

Yeah, sorry to say, but if you're leaning on that railing there, minding your own business and some train comes in and fails to stop: you have a high chance of being royally screwed. Wall or no wall, you are going to have a very bad day.

Lol! Well seems like everything over at Flushing and the GCT end of the S* have been mostly incident free.

*Of course there was the incident a few years or months ago where the S on ?track 3? hit the bumper.

Archived