Will the (5) be utilizing R142As during this Weekends G/O?

mark1447

Since there is no (5) From Eastchester/Dyre to E180th replaced by the (S) Bus and from E180th to 149/Mott replaced by the (2). Will the (5)s run off Jerome during that weekend or will the Union Port R142s be on the (5) from 149th to manhattan?

If its (4)Jerome, I hope I catch an R142A on it! Of course the (S) bus too on the Dyre Branch!

No (5) trains between Dyre Av and 149 St-Grand Concourse

Free shuttle buses and (2) trains provide alternate service

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Oct 9 - 12

• Shuttle buses replace the (5) between Dyre Av and East 180 St.

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and the (2) at East 180 St.

• The makes (2) all stops between East 180 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Note: Manhattan-bound (2) trains will skip Jackson Av on Sunday, Oct 11, from 5 AM to Noon.

HIGH possiblity. It would be impossible to ship over R142s all the way from Unionport because it would be stopping up (2) trains. They usually borrow Jerome R142 and R142As. Since the (4) uses 40% R142A there is no doubt in my mind the (5) will have A here or there. Matter of fact, they use more R142As while the (4) sticks with R142s.

Also i think at around 5 PM there is a (5) set to go all the way up to Bedford Park Blvd.

I will be on that G.O Sunday, so I will find out then. The (4) has very few R142A's now. For some reason it is predominately R142 Bombs now. I rarely see the Junkasakis on there now, with their high dead motor, and due to dead motors, high squealing brake rate..........

I will be on that G.O Sunday, so I will find out then. The (4) has very few R142A's now. For some reason it is predominately R142 Bombs now. I rarely see the Junkasakis on there now, with their high dead motor, and due to dead motors, high squealing brake rate..........

The (4) line's R142As are probaly going though SMS, there six years old and subway cars go though SMS like every six years so thats what probaly happend to them.

Hmm? I saw like 6 sets R142As during todays Lo-V Special from 167th and 59th St.. What R142s are replacing them then if there are limited R142As?

The (4) line's R142As are probaly going though SMS, there six years old and subway cars go though SMS like every six years so thats what probaly happend to them.

If the (MTA) is doing SMS on the R142A then thats shocking news for the R142 originals! They are MUCH dirty compared to the R142As..

But they run smoother then the R142A.

but they are slower going downtown from 86st to 59st cause they hop up and down more.

All i like about the R142 is the Roaring noise when slowing down and the smoothness and hissing sounds.

But i think the R142 are a tiny bit slower then the R142A.

Hmm? I saw like 6 sets R142As during todays Lo-V Special from 167th and 59th St.. What R142s are replacing them then if there are limited R142As?

6 ain't nothing compared to the amount they had before. Before I would usually get R142A's, and rarely a R142. I counted 5 R142A's when I was Utica Friday night. Still very few compared to the amount they did run before.........

R142A appears more modern than R142.

R142A have Ads on all walls, compared to R142 where some walls are empty.

R142A has a better propulsion sound than R142.

R142A is actually smoother than R142.

That's why todays R143 and R160 copied the appearance and features more of R142A.

R143 has the same propulsion sound as R142A/ some R160s has the same Alstom Propulsion sound R142, other R160s has siemens propulsion sound unknown.

However I still like both R142/142A cars.

R142A appears more modern than R142.

R142A have Ads on all walls, compared to R142 where some walls are empty.

R142A has a better propulsion sound than R142.

R142A is actually smoother than R142.

That's why todays R143 and R160 copied the appearance and features more of R142A.

R143 has the same propulsion sound as R142A/ some R160s has the same Alstom Propulsion sound R142, other R160s has siemens propulsion sound unknown.

However I still like both R142/142A cars.

Not really..

But they run smoother then the R142A.

but they are slower going downtown from 86st to 59st cause they hop up and down more.

All i like about the R142 is the Roaring noise when slowing down and the smoothness and hissing sounds.

But i think the R142 are a tiny bit slower then the R142A.

R142 are smoother, as for the speed into 59st from 86st S/B, or from 42st to 59st N/B, it depends on the train you get. There are slow R142A's, and fast R142's. As for the R142 hissing and roaring, OMG I love those sounds. Overall the R142s are a bit slower than the R142A's, but the only train I ever got to 49mph was a R142. R142A 48mph the most..........

R142 are smoother, as for the speed into 59st from 86st S/B, or from 42st to 59st N/B, it depends on the train you get. There are slow R142A's, and fast R142's. As for the R142 hissing and roaring, OMG I love those sounds. Overall the R142s are a bit slower than the R142A's, but the only train I ever got to 49mph was a R142. R142A 48mph the most..........

Only 1 MPH difference. Unless, it is the amount of time it took to get there. I don't care for the Seimen's propulsion as you can always hear it and it makes the train traction motor louder than the Bombardier 142. They both have truck click/clack sounds, maybe more noticeable on the 142s since they have quieter traction motors. I've definitely noticed on the 6 that some of the 142As take off with a bang and strong bump. What's up with that? Have not noticed that on any R142s? I haven't yet or on R143s or R160s. Overall, I like the R142s better and R160s with Alstom propulsion. I also think the 3-note thing is just a more unique sound than the high-pitched wind-up sound of Seimens.

Only 1 MPH difference. Unless, it is the amount of time it took to get there. I don't care for the Seimen's propulsion as you can always hear it and it makes the train traction motor louder than the Bombardier 142. They both have truck click/clack sounds, maybe more noticeable on the 142s since they have quieter traction motors. I've definitely noticed on the 6 that some of the 142As take off with a bang and strong bump. What's up with that? Have not noticed that on any R142s? I haven't yet or on R143s or R160s. Overall, I like the R142s better and R160s with Alstom propulsion. I also think the 3-note thing is just a more unique sound than the high-pitched wind-up sound of Seimens.

The R142A does not use Siemens propulsion.

Archived