The Electric Nova RTS?

St Louis Car 09

Call me crazy,but once upon a time between 2001 and 2002 I was waiting for the M60 bus in manhattan and all of a sudden a RTS pull up built by Novabus and It had a mysterious hump on top of it.Turns out to be a battery.It was actually a fully electric powered RTS!!! I was very excited.This bus made absolutely no noise at all,except road noise.It rode like a regular RTS.I rode it over the Triboro bridge to 94th street East Elmhurst.Sadly I never seen it again,It was operating out of Manhattanville depot around the time.Does anyone know what happened to this mysterious bus and have anyone here had the pleasure of riding this bus or seeing it?

It was a demonstrator, sent back to Nova bus when the MTA was done. It was thier second hybrid test after an O6 they tested in 1996 (not counting a cng hybrid something or other they got from Grumman in 98)

It was a real order. MTA order 5 buses at that time. Only 1 bus was accept. There was another one that was built except it did not made it to New York City. It turns out that the bus was having technical issues during 6 to 9 months stay at that time in New York City. It was return to Nova Bus in Rosewell, NM.

It was a real order. MTA order 5 buses at that time. Only 1 bus was accept. There was another one that was built except it did not made it to New York City. It turns out that the bus was having technical issues during 6 to 9 months stay at that time in New York City. It was return to Nova Bus in Rosewell, NM.
What type of tech issues?

Archived