Diaries of my ride on the QM15 bus: Day 1

Q101viaSteinway

Over the next few weeks my house in Astoria will be renovated. I am staying with my brother who lives in Howard Beach near the 157th Avenue and 92nd Street bus stop. I work in the city and I will take the QM15 Bus. I started that on Wednsday. I find my AM and PM rush bus interesting, so I am deciding to write a diary about my ride on the QM15 Bus. So, I will start writing about my PM bus back to Howard Beach.

There is this B/O named Johnny (real name withheld for security reasons) who works the QM15. I get on at the first stop at 34th Street and 3rd Avenue. There is this pretty lady named Betty (real name withheld for security reasons) who always gets on at the layover area before the first stop (she is already on when the bus pulls into the 34th Street and 3rd Avenue stop, which is first). This lady talks to other passengers and laughs really loud and talks to Johnny in a fake girly voice, she also says hi in the same girly voice to every female who boards the bus and starts loud conversations with them. Once the bus reaches 57th Street, Betty (at the front seat, like she owns the seat) screams JOHNNY! when a cab tries to make a u turn and the driver already had his foot on the brake. Johnny then says "It's safer if you did not say anything, thanks for the help, but shut the f--- up the next time because you are not supposed to talk to me while the bus is in motion anyway." Another lady from the back screams "Don't talk to the driver, he has his wife, enough of your loudness every single f---ing day." Once we get to 57th Street and 3rd Avenue she says "Should I coulda gone to the beer party, Johnny, Johnny" and Johnny ignores him and asks me "Was I screaming". I say "No, but that was scary". Betty then says "B----, did you just say that you were scared. B---- if I did not screamed, then we would of plowed into the f---ing car, you two are big babies." I said, you should not of screamed, just relax." She says "you are big babies, I'm Sicilian and Sicilian people are loud, you douche, so deal with it." Johnny just ignores her and the bus goes quiet. Another passenger I met on my morning bus says who tells me her name is Josephine (real name withheld for security reasons), "she is like a radio, she never stops." Once Betty gets off at 155th Avenue and 84th Street, she goes in front of the bus and bangs on the window and gives the B/O the finger. Then Johnny says "She is crazy, I have dealt with her since Green Lines, If she wanted to take my bus I skipped her. But she has a crush on me and opens the bus door via the secret switch near the door and makes herself comfortable and if she does not, she goes onto the middle of the street obstructing traffic and waves me down. Sometimes she is nice and sometimes she is a b----. But I can't refuse her the ride because she is a regular rider and all the riders that know her will defend her, I had to deal with her since I first started working Express." Then I got off at the last stop at 157th Avenue and 92nd Street.

If I was that B/O, I wouldn't go to layover and start right on the first stop again. Maybe then she won't go and obstruct traffic or trespass into the bus.

Do you work the QM15, if so what trip during the PM. I ride during the 5:00 hour and the 6:00 hour in the morning. The bus that this occurred on had Far Rock logos on it. I don't think that you were that B/O, but I don't see a pic of you so I can't say for sure.

Do you work the QM15, if so what trip during the PM. I ride during the 5:00 hour and the 6:00 hour in the morning. The bus that this occurred on had Far Rock logos on it. I don't think that you were that B/O, but I don't see a pic of you so I can't say for sure.

I never said I was a B/O nor am I a B/O. I said IF I were that B/O as in me stepping into his shoes.

Hey Hey no pizza when you got Tony Roma's or is it Russo's on the Bay ,It's been awhile

Hey Hey, the kid gets off @ 157ave, russo's is further down the road. New Park pizza's right there. Have a slice and a coke and you'll forget about all your problems ha ha :cool:

Hey Hey, the kid gets off @ 157ave, russo's is further down the road. New Park pizza's right there. Have a slice and a coke and you'll forget about all your problems ha ha :cool:

Now I know where to get good pizza in Howard Beach, before I go back to my house in Astoria in a few weeks. I'll be back on the QM15 on Monday and I will tell you guys how it went and if anything interesting occurs

Now I know where to get good pizza in Howard Beach, before I go back to my house in Astoria in a few weeks. I'll be back on the QM15 on Monday and I will tell you guys how it went and if anything interesting occurs

Please do, and take my word for it, try the pizza. I see kr in there all the time :cool:

There's a pizza spot around 163rd if I'm not mistaken (along cross bay blvd)... I don't remember the name of the place (I was more frustrated standing in the cold waiting for 1/2 on a saturday for a Q21, but anyway), but that was some good pizza.... nevermind the dirty looks I got from....

eh, I'll stop it there... Howard Beach has enough of a stigma attached to that neighborhood.....

----------------------------------

I thought about doing something similar to this back on RD... a blog, a diary, a trip-recap, a... whatever you wanna call it, of all the fantrips I go on.... Matter fact, I was going to post a recap of the busfan I went on yesterday, but I figure ppl. wouldn't give two hoots (putting it nicely)....

As for the happenings on your day 1... I've also came across a couple "betty's" on express buses... There are people who act as if the riders are all calm & serene & peaceful people on x-buses.... and then wanna trash the passengers of local bus riders... They can read both of our posts & weep....

I'll put it like this, I'm more @ home w/ the BS that goes on on local buses, then the rude (I'll even say snooty) ppl. on express buses... They are far more bold w/ their comments & actions, compared to local bus riders... Some of these people really wanna make you haul off & knock the s*** out of them.....

Anyway, I note the antics that go on, from the ole putting the bag next to their seat when they see me looking for an empty seat.... I actually told one guy on the x27 this past week "aint nobody wanna sit next to you, fall back", quote unquote.... another one is the reclining the seat back (on purpose) when you sit behind them (men & women do this equally, from what I experience)... and let's not forget the ones that tell you to turn your music down - when they're talking on the phone LOUDER than your music was playing in the first place....

another thing... after working w/o taking a lunch break, I eat on the bus... eating on subways/buses don't bother me... I don't know how many times I've had ppl. make snide comments @ me... Here's a couple... I wish I was lying w/ these....

- save some for the faam'ly...

- care to share some of that (and snickers afterwards)...

- your wife must be a bad cook (this is a woman I almost always see when I take the BM2 around a quarter to 8, @ battery pl.)...

- that smells good (I look back @ the guy as if he's a zip damn fool - it's how he said it)...

....and in the same breath, says, "no I'm a vegetarian... go sit somewhere else".... I said WHERE (the bus was SRO... w/ 3 ppl already standing).... he went back reading his paper & muddled something under his breath...

- guy offers me the middle seat all the way in the back row... I say thanks... then I pull out my mcdonalds & start eating the french fries first... then guy starts to tell me how much he paid for his laptop, and that I please not spill anything... the tone of his voice sounds like he was cordial, but his body language & facial expressions said otherwise.....

lol... my bad for ranting & going o/t somewhat... I have stories for days...

But yeh, I support you on this... and will be checking this thread quite often...

Some ride, that. I for one wouldn't pay $5.50 to accompany rude riders on a so-called "express bus" (the ones to Rockaway take at least 80 minutes to get to the Rockaway end of the Cross Bay Bridge).

Hope your remaining days on the QM15 are, well, enjoyable.

B35 has a lot of legit complaints about express-bus riders, although, without meaning to be brusque, I too would be a little unhappy if another express bus rider decided to eat on the bus.

Why don't you take the (A) to Howard Beach and connect to some local bus (Q11/Q15) instead?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Some ride, that. I for one wouldn't pay $5.50 to accompany rude riders on a so-called "express bus" (the ones to Rockaway take at least 80 minutes to get to the Rockaway end of the Cross Bay Bridge).

Hope your remaining days on the QM15 are, well, enjoyable.

B35 has a lot of legit complaints about express-bus riders, although, without meaning to be brusque, I too would be a little unhappy if another express bus rider decided to eat on the bus.

Why don't you take the (A) to Howard Beach and connect to some local bus (Q11/Q15) instead?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

But the A takes time and I am on 34th Street and 3rd Avenue or on 41st Street and 5th Avenue depending on my duties. But mostly 34th Street and 3rd Avenue. It would amount to 4.50 for a 3 seat ride and 5.50 for a 1 seat ride. Plus my house in Astoria will be done sometime during next week and I will be back to the Q101.

Today towards Manhattan I saw Quentin again and he said that there would be office towers along Cross Bay Boulevard and that there would be another economic downturn before the Dow gets to 11,000 and we are safe. He talked to me about electronic deals he got and that he works Downtown for an electronics store and he could get me a 52" flat screen TV for 25 dollars. Also he said that he has five televisions, three cell phones (an i-phone) and tells me about purchsing stock from WWE and FOX and how they would increase over the next few months. On the transit side he also said that there would be an increase in the BxM7B during the Spring Pick and that there would be a BxM7 super express during the PM rush hours which would make all stops to 58th Street, via Queensboro Bridge, Northern Boulevard, Whitestone Expressway, Bronx-Whitestone Bridge then regular route and that the QM24 would have midday and weekend service and operate via 6th Avenue and that the Q60 would be cut from South Jamaica and I ask how he knows all this and he claims that his cousin is Joe Kennedy and his brother drives at the LaGuardia Depot. Quentin gave me his number and I did not give him mine. Quentin also said this to the other lady Judy (who knows Betty) who was on my AM bus.

Heading on the PM bus, Betty did not ride. Judy starts talking to Johnny and another passenger named Anthony and talks about Betty and I find out that her birthday was on 11/23 and she turned 41 and is unmarried and she broke up with her boyfriend five years ago and she works in the New York Times Building on 42nd Street and 8th Avenue for a Financial Services Firm and comes all the way to 34th Street and 3rd Avenue because she has a crush on Johnny and is willing to go out onto the middle of the street for that crush. Real life version of the 40 year old virgin right here, any takers

Today towards Manhattan I saw Quentin again and he said that there would be office towers along Cross Bay Boulevard and that there would be another economic downturn before the Dow gets to 11,000 and we are safe. He talked to me about electronic deals he got and that he works Downtown for an electronics store and he could get me a 52" flat screen TV for 25 dollars. Also he said that he has five televisions, three cell phones (an i-phone) and tells me about purchsing stock from WWE and FOX and how they would increase over the next few months. On the transit side he also said that there would be an increase in the BxM7B during the Spring Pick and that there would be a BxM7 super express during the PM rush hours which would make all stops to 58th Street, via Queensboro Bridge, Northern Boulevard, Whitestone Expressway, Bronx-Whitestone Bridge then regular route and that the QM24 would have midday and weekend service and operate via 6th Avenue and that the Q60 would be cut from South Jamaica and I ask how he knows all this and he claims that his cousin is Joe Kennedy and his brother drives at the LaGuardia Depot. Quentin gave me his number and I did not give him mine. Quentin also said this to the other lady Judy (who knows Betty) who was on my AM bus.

Heading on the PM bus, Betty did not ride. Judy starts talking to Johnny and another passenger named Anthony and talks about Betty and I find out that her birthday was on 11/23 and she turned 41 and is unmarried and she broke up with her boyfriend five years ago and she works in the New York Times Building on 42nd Street and 8th Avenue for a Financial Services Firm and comes all the way to 34th Street and 3rd Avenue because she has a crush on Johnny and is willing to go out onto the middle of the street for that crush. Real life version of the 40 year old virgin right here, any takers

LMFAO @ the 40 year old virgin. Poor crazy girl. At least she's got por.... Nevermind.

But the A takes time and I am on 34th Street and 3rd Avenue or on 41st Street and 5th Avenue depending on my duties. But mostly 34th Street and 3rd Avenue. It would amount to 4.50 for a 3 seat ride and 5.50 for a 1 seat ride. Plus my house in Astoria will be done sometime during next week and I will be back to the Q101.

Don't blame you for doing that! It's easier to do that considering that going to 34/3 w/o the x-bus is really a 4 seat ride & 2 crosstown blocks (Q21/Q41-A-4/5-6) unless U go out of the way to Penn Station for a M16/M34 crosstown bus to go back to the east side! Sounds about right when U go to 41/5.

Sounds quite interesting to know about whats going on with the QM15 considering that U R not a regular rider!

Archived