No New Layover for College Pt. Buses

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

I guess, why were people so pissed? Sorry, I don't get why the drivers don't want to layover there?

Depending on what route they run on, it gives them less layover time. Like lets say there were drivers doing the QM1/1A & QM11 Downtown, some drivers would have to lay over up at 126th street depot just to get down there, and its a pain cause of all the traffic.

Traffic can't be the reason they wanted this ruled against.. I ask a friend of mine who works at CPD and he didn't know the exact reason but he said maybe because they wanted to come back to the home depot. I'm sorry but this sounds like the regular cry baby tactics of the union and it's members.

What was the layover plan exactly? Why was it opposed?

One is an MTA bus facility and the other is a NYCT facility. There is no intermingling allowed between the two. NYCT was trying to be slick in trying to get their foot in the door to allow swapping of routes between NYCT and MTA Bus routes later. They would have minor repairs on CP's buses. Even tightening a screw in the arm of a side view mirror is a minor repair. It didn't work.

Once they get Regional Bus, they can do it. But since both TWU and NYCT refuse to negotiate contracts, this is what you have.

That's total crap. The MTA should do what it wants between the agencies and should not have to go into a contract negotiation, regardless of the agency. The TWU won't allow it cause it views MTA Bus and shit. The members know it, MTA Bus members spending time at a NYCT depot would be great for moral but that won't happen because it doesn't work that way. The only reason why the MTA and TWU always disagree is because the TWU doesn't care for anything but themselves. I've had to interview these people many time before and I can tell you, they're screwed up in the head. I'm for management and not the union only because day in and day out I see and hear so much crap that it's hard to respect them. I'm not talking about the hard working, honest workers but when you're knee deep in crap everyone you're not going to focus on the positive things. Bus drivers can get away with murder and not get touched.

OK, what is this being referred to? These Queens MTAB routes send their express buses way uptown for the midday or something? (You would think they would use MJQ which is close to midtown)
M.J.Quill I believe is at capacity during the afternoon Brooklyn Division's Ulmer Park Depot and both of Staten Island Division's Yukon and Castleton Depot's use it as a layover

M.J.Quill I believe is at capacity during the afternoon Brooklyn Division's Ulmer Park Depot and both of Staten Island Division's Yukon and Castleton Depot's use it as a layover

Yeah, I've seen quite a few Ulmer Park, Castleton & Yukon buses being parked & pulled out from that depot during the rush hour.

Archived