Nights vs Days as a T/O

Andrew

T/o's on all tours don't take students. Most don't want the headache.

If the student mess up the trainner goes downtown. I personally don't take students unless they transfers.

when i come to the a division, i'll keep u posted..........

im still trying to figure out why they keep you switching for so long once school car is over..........

when i come to the a division, i'll keep u posted..........

im still trying to figure out why they keep you switching for so long once school car is over..........

Because way to many new T/O's were messing up. The first or second class of 2004 was sent back to school for retraining as a class and there have been problems with alot of the classes since. I blame it on the level of teachers that are in school car these days.

Because way to many new T/O's were messing up. The first or second class of 2004 was sent back to school for retraining as a class and there have been problems with alot of the classes since. I blame it on the level of teachers that are in school car these days.

They wasnt the first class that sent back...

Ask about that OCT 29th class of 2001.....

is the refuse train a picked job or just extras get it?

The refuse trains are picked jobs for very senior men. The A division refuse trains go in the first hour of the pick I believe. Extra extra people only get relief on the refuse trains out of 207yard. Work train's cover's 38yard even the reliefs.

The refuse train is more senior in A Div because its a 10 HR job and always two T/O's on each end. In the B Div they are 8 Hour jobs with one T/O. I use to get the job so much they tought I was the regular T/O when I was Extra. I get it out of 207 YD at 8PM and relieved at W 4 by 1AM.

What is the best and the worst route for a T/O and a C/R by day part (AM, PM, and Night)?

At night, is it the (A) with it's long local run from Inwood-207th Street to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue?

This is completely up to the individuals. The (A) on the midnights has alot of seniority. Lines that are good for a T/O may not be good for a C/R too.

With that said my least favorite line to work in the sytem is the (F)!! It's not even close for me.

The refuse trains are picked jobs for very senior men. The A division refuse trains go in the first hour of the pick I believe.

Not the first hour, but close. We've got guys with file numbers lower than the Manhattan area code who are picking relief jobs on the Refuse train with cruddy days off just to get the 11:29+ every night. The only A Refuse job that goes to a "junior" guy is #7 Ash.

The (A) on the midnights has alot of seniority.

With that said my least favorite line to work in the sytem is the (F)!!

The ONLY reason the (A) attracts senior men is because it pays a whole lot out of 207; two to the Rock (one against the wall) and a lay-up is a KILLER! Out of the Rock it's junior city because it pays less for the same work, minus the lay-up. Essentially people pick the midnight Rocks only out of convenience.

The (F) used to be one of my favorite lines, until they put the 160's on it. Now I'd rather do two ®'s since that line kept the old stuff. Those 160's will kill your hand on a long run.

Archived