30/62

TransitMan23

Well 30/62 is better than taking it up the rear in the private sector. By the time I get to 62, I'll be shocked if middle class people working for the wonderful corporations that have helped bankrupt much of our country can retire before 70.

/optimism

Well 30/62 is better than taking it up the rear in the private sector. By the time I get to 62, I'll be shocked if middle class people working for the wonderful corporations that have helped bankrupt much of our country can retire before 70.

/optimism

If they can even keep their jobs for that long.

Although I have had mixed emotions about any contract btwn TWU Local 100 and (MTA) over my entire career there is one point that should be stressed. Any union is only responsible to it's current dues-paying membership. The unborn have no representation within a dues paying union. The fiduciary onus of a union is for the benefit of it's PRESENT membership primarily, not retirees or unborn. I'm not saying they should be overlooked but their needs are secondary to the present members. No one is drafted into NYCT. If you don't like the benefits there are other jobs. If you take the job ....then your union is obligated to fight for you, not before. My 2 cents.

we have a good union now that tate and company is gone

How could you say that? This regime is coming in the EXACT same way that Roger came in.

A year from now you can make a judgement but NOT now you can't they haven't had time yet to do anything.

Archived