Some Nice General Orders Coming +With the (C) to WTC

mark1447

Um, is this topic about an upcoming G.O. or about subway signs??? I'm just wondering....

This is the topic about upcoming G.Os. I'm just expressing my opinion about the (C) going to WTC and how some people are tempted to change the (C) to (K) signs during that reroute.

...Either way, enjoy the G.O. because from my experience, not that many people take the (J) shuttle.

Its basically empty from Prospect Park to Atlantic Av. Then from Atlantic to Chambers there's few people. North of Chambers, its the normal amount so my suggestion for everybody is to go between Prospect Park and Chambers for the best shots

Yes there is a program....

:drool: lmao

If there is a program for that, why didnt the t/a make one for Metropolitan bound?

Look at who we're talking about lol...if they can have the (V) to Metro, why not the (J)?

Yes there is a program....

Okay, thanks for confirming. But they should sign it up as the (4)...like, seriously!

"This is a Prospect Park-bound (4) train via the (J) line. The next stop is DeKalb Avenue...." Lmao! :P

If there is a program for that, why didnt the t/a make one for Metropolitan bound?

Simple: the MTA thinks it's sensible to have the (J) to Metropolitan signed up as such instead of just signing it as (M), which is it's daytime route it would be operating under, except it would only occur on the weekend. A (J) already operates between Queens and Broadway Junction anyway when service is split between Myrtle and Eastern Parkway.

Its basically empty from Prospect Park to Atlantic Av. Then from Atlantic to Chambers there's few people. North of Chambers, its the normal amount so my suggestion for everybody is to go between Prospect Park and Chambers for the best shots

:drool: lmao

Look at who we're talking about lol...if they can have the (V) to Metro, why not the (J)?

where on earth do u see me talking about (J) to Metropolitan then (V)?..

Im talking about announcement, kinda like the g/o when the (J) went via (M) in Sept 09

ok,heres the actual G.O:

No (G) trains running

Free shuttle buses and trains provide alternate service

Weekend, 10:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Jan 15 - 18

• Days:(R) trains make all stops between Forest Hills/71 Av and Queens Plaza.

• Late Night: (E) trains make all (G) stops between Forest Hills/71 Av and Queens Plaza.

• Shuttle buses make all stops between Queens Plaza and the Jay St-Borough Hall (A)(C)(F) stations.

• To travel between Queens and Brooklyn, transfer between the (E)(R) trains and shuttle buses at Queens Plaza.

• For service to Church Av, transfer between the shuttle bus and train at Jay St-Borough Hall.

• For service to Manhattan, transfer between the shuttle bus, and (E) train at Court Sq/23 St-Ely Av,the (L) train at Metropolitan Av, or the (A)(F) trains at Jay St-Borough Hall.

Station Shuttle Bus Stop Bus Stop

Queens Plaza (E)(R) on Jackson Av atQueens Blvd B61

Court Sq/23 St-Ely Av on Jackson Av at 45 Av B61

21 St on Jackson Av at 47 Av (to Jay St)

on Jackson Av at 21 St (to Queens Plaza) -

B61

Greenpoint Av on Manhattan Av

at Greenpoint Av (to Jay St)

on Greenpoint Av

at Leonard St (to Queens Plaza) B24

B42

Nassau Av on Manhattan Av

at Nassau Av (to Jay St)

on Bedford Av

at Manhattan Av (to Queens Plaza) B61

B43

Metropolitan Av on Union Av at Metropolitan Av Q59

Broadway on Union Av at Broadway -

Flushing Av on Lee Av at Flushing Av (to Jay St)

on Union Av at Gerry St (to Queens Plaza) -

B44

Myrtle-Willoughby Avs on Nostrand Av at Myrtle Av (to Jay St)

on Marcy Av at Myrtle Av (to Queens Plaza) B44

-

Bedford-Nostrand Avs

on DeKalb Av at Bedford Av (to Jay St)

on Lafayette Av

at Nostrand Av (to Queens Plaza)

on Lafayette Av

at Bedford Av (to Queens Plaza) -

B38

B38

Classon Av on DeKalb Av at Classon Av (to Jay St)

on Lafayette Av at Classon Av (to Queens Plaza) B38

B38

Clinton-Washington Avs on DeKalb Av

at Washington Av (to Jay St)

on Lafayette Av

at Washington Av (to Queens Plaza) B38

B38

Fulton St on DeKalb Av

at S. Portland Av (to Jay St)

on Lafayette Av

at S. Portland Av (to Queens Plaza) B38

B38

Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts on Schermerhorn St

at Bond St (to Jay St)

on Livingston St

at Bond St (to Queens Plaza) -

B67

Jay St on Jay St at Myrtle Av B54

Well, it's only 2 tracks, so I'm not surprised if the whole line was paralyzed by some construction. I'd be shocked if this happened on a three or four-tracked line though.

On a line that has more than two tracks, service won't be curtailed like the (G) will be the upcoming weekend the G.O. is scheduled to take place. Trust me.

Archived