Staten Island, my soon to be former home

S78 via Hylan

As for the last 16 years of my life, I have lived on Staten Island. I must say that unfortunately I didn't like any of the years I have spent there. Hopefully within the next month or two, I will be happier in Manhattan (or possibly Brooklyn). I am so glad that I get to travel to school in Manhattan every day. It allows me to visit the city where I couldn't in the past. I will miss riding the free (SIR) and ferry when that day comes and I know it will.

Had to get this off my chest. :)

As for the last 16 years of my life, I have lived on Staten Island. I must say that unfortunately I didn't like any of the years I have spent there. Hopefully within the next month or two, I will be happier in Manhattan (or possibly Brooklyn). I am so glad that I get to travel to school in Manhattan every day. It allows me to visit the city where I couldn't in the past. I will miss riding the free (SIR) and ferry when that day comes and I know it will.

Had to get this off my chest. :D

Hey Man.

I lived on Staten Island for a little over 20 years in Richmondtown. Even though, I moved across the country to Phoenix, AZ, I would NEVER live on Staten Island again. Yuck.... I miss NYC, but not Staten Island at all. Im actually happy my family decided to pick up and move. I don't regret moving to Arizona either. Ive met some incredible people here. But Staten Island is not on my future place to live on...

Good luck in Manhattan or Brooklyn... Now those places are worth missing :tup::cool:

Zach

Hey Man.

I lived on Staten Island for a little over 20 years in Richmondtown. Even though, I moved across the country to Phoenix, AZ, I would NEVER live on Staten Island again. Yuck.... I miss NYC, but not Staten Island at all. Im actually happy my family decided to pick up and move. I don't regret moving to Arizona either. Ive met some incredible people here. But Staten Island is not on my future place to live on...

Good luck in Manhattan or Brooklyn... Now those places are worth missing :tup::cool:

Zach

Thanks buddy.

I thought you were from Kings, but now i see SI..

Yeah SI, feels like a boring place to be... Its like Flordia, all you see is horses when your away from the City.. Plus its a LONG commute.. Even with SIF, kinda..

I thought you were from Kings, but now i see SI..

Yeah SI, feels like a boring place to be... Its like Flordia, all you see is horses when your away from the City.. Plus its a LONG commute.. Even with SIF, kinda..

Well Mark, I was born in Brooklyn.

As one person moves out, another moves in...translation: I'm strongly considering moving out there. It's my type of environment, I just gotta make sure I live near the S79 and the X1 to get to my guaranteed connections...lol. But seriously, I wouldn't mind living out there at all...maybe because I've spent so much time out there.

Anyway, enjoy Brooklyn, or Manhattan, or wherever you'll be moving to,

Staten Island is a nice place to visit. It's less congested than the other boroughs. It has that Middle America feeling (especially with all of the strip malls on Hylan Blvd). It's very scenic and there's excellent transportation options. However, I wouldn't want to live there. In Staten Island there's affluent areas and there's poor areas. There's no middle ground. Staten Island isn't ideal for a person of color.

Staten Island isn't ideal for a person of color.

That is not true. There's a mix of Asians, Jews, Caucasians, Italians AND Blacks there, all of which make the majority group of people living there.

No need for the racist comments.

It wasn't meant to be racist, but let's be honest: the only minority areas in Staten Island are Port Richmond and Stapleton, and those areas aren't the best. There's no black or Hispanic middle class areas on Staten Island.

Archived