T/O list #2085 is now expired

Andrew

1+1 always equals 2, dude.^_^

If you are messino, it equals 3.

The problem you guys are having here is with the wording, so let's make it clear now. When a list is created, it means nothing if the old list is still in effect. Once they start hiring from the new list the old list is done. As for promo and O/C lets be realistic. It's the same list, but basically list a and list b since they will not hire from both at the same time. The promo is always first and O/C second. Once they start hiring from the new promo list, the old O/C list is done. When the new promo list is exhausted, then the new O/C is used. Simple enough?

If you are messino, it equals 3.

The problem you guys are having here is with the wording, so let's make it clear now. When a list is created, it means nothing if the old list is still in effect. Once they start hiring from the new list the old list is done. As for promo and O/C lets be realistic. It's the same list, but basically list a and list b since they will not hire from both at the same time. The promo is always first and O/C second. Once they start hiring from the new promo list, the old O/C list is done. When the new promo list is exhausted, then the new O/C is used. Simple enough?

you are such a douchebag, all you do is keep repeating yourself. you have no new info about me or anything else so you keep bringing up the question I said i got wrong on the test. You are truly pathetic..

I was in T/O class TB32.TB classes 33 and 34 were hired in Febuary.SInce then,no other T/O classes have been hired,nor will they be for the forseeable future.No more classes will be from test #2085.

That is reality.If people choose not to believe it,then go ahead.It wont change the outcome.

(M101)

I was in T/O class TB32.TB classes 33 and 34 were hired in Febuary.SInce then,no other T/O classes have been hired,nor will they be for the forseeable future.No more classes will be from test #2085.

That is reality.If people choose not to believe it,then go ahead.It wont change the outcome.

This is why poeple won't listen & it come into right ear to come out to left ear and nothing will change.

(Bx11) to West Farms Road.

(M101) to Ft George/193 St.

you are such a douchebag, all you do is keep repeating yourself. you have no new info about me or anything else so you keep bringing up the question I said i got wrong on the test. You are truly pathetic..

It needs to repeated so you can understand just how stupid you are and just how pathetic you are for getting it wrong. Apparently you still don't get it morono. You will always be a fool, so you thinking I am pathetic does not hold much weight, or as you probably would spell it, "wait".

As for Andrew's statement, the list has not officially expired, but with a hold on RTO hiring until further notice, it would seem that the current list is being allowed to run out. The only thing that is affected here is the legal ramifications. The next T/O promotional list does not go into effect until October officially still, instead of it starting now, so it basically pushes the inevitable expiring of the next T/O O/C list later on because it will start later on. Technically the current T/O O/C list is still good, but if they don't hire again until it expires then you can say it has expired. It's kind of like a blow out NFL game with 2 minutes left. The game has not officially ended, but it's really over when one team is leading by 40 ponts and it has possession of the ball.

So what you people are saying is for all intents and purposes they are at the end of the old O?C list for T/O. Does anyone know what list number they stopped at by this point? So we have a general idea of where they might stop for our list (even though I know it's not a real indicator due to other factors). That information would be useful in this thread.

So we have a general idea of where they might stop for our list (even though I know it's not a real indicator due to other factors). That information would be useful in this thread.

That information will not be useful. Theres no way to see how long they are going to hire from the new list and what number they may or may not reach as there are ever changing variables as time goes by. We hit a recession in 2008 and everything went boom. Hiring slowed down to a crawl ,then a halt. So everything else you are trying to gain from finding out how far they reached on the last list will be wishful thinking.

That information will not be useful. Theres no way to see how long they are going to hire from the new list and what number they may or may not reach as there are ever changing variables as time goes by. We hit a recession in 2008 and everything went boom. Hiring slowed down to a crawl ,then a halt. So everything else you are trying to gain from finding out how far they reached on the last list will be wishful thinking.

Well I figure that since my number on this list is 2443 and they only got to 2064 on the last list, it doesn't look good for me on this list with the current holds on schoolcar and whatnot. Granted the last list was also affected by a recession and hiring freezes and all but at the rate things are going this list looks to be no better than the last despite initial indicators of the opposite (the baby boomers age is ending and new blood will inevitably be needed) unless something changes dramatically within a year or so. I know there are other factors I've read through a few threads on this board and I know a lot more of what is going on than when I first subscribed here. This is why I asked so I have a more general idea of what my outlook is before our list expires..... chances are I am likely to get in near the end of the conductor list but they won't get to my number on this one. If things get worse they will not get to me on either list, if they get better then I might squeeze in on the end of this one, but highly unlikely.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Transit folks,

I am looking for responses to these questions from somebody with some real knowledge concerning a few transit mystreries.T/O list #2085 is scheduled to expire in exactly (6)six weeks from today on Monday October 4,2010.Rumor has it that they will start hiring T/O soon.The new T/O list #8098 has not been certified as of yet.From my understanding you have to be called at least (2)weeks before the list expire.Can anyone please give me some valid insight as to what is going on and what to expect within the next month or so.

If you are on the list about to expire on October 4th, don't bother waiting. There is a freeze on all RTO hiring with no plans in the near future to hire. They are going to let the old list expire. If you are on the next list, the Promotionals will be called up first. There is no definite yet on whether they will start hiring from the new promotional list in October.

• 2 weeks later...
I just spoke to the transit employment center and they have no knowledge about exam 2085 list expiring early. I also called DCAS and they said the list is not expiring early but in october as planned. I have been right every time lets see if my perfect record remains intact.

You're perfection continues Primo!

This is what I heard from my TSS schoolcar instructor today.He went to a meeting yesterday (he went yesterday,my other schoolcar TSS went today)

The T/O test 2085 which was supposed to expire in OCT 2010 is expiring now.There wont be any more classes until JUNE or JULY which will then be taken off of the NEW T/O list.

How true this is?? I dont see why my TSS instructor would lie,he has no reason to.I believe it is the truth.I know for those waiting and hoping they would be called,it sucks.I wish I had better news to report,but that is not the case

This is one of several times in life where I wish I was wrong.

Archived