MTA personnel on the B82

nycbusfan

Its probably dispatchers riding around see how ridership is or if the route is problematic with latenesses, which I doubt much with the B82, they look at the traffic to see whats up.

OR, they're doing check ups on all the drivers but if they're only on one line, then its just to check things on the route.

Its probably dispatchers riding around see how ridership is or if the route is problematic with latenesses, which I doubt much with the B82, they look at the traffic to see whats up.

OR, they're doing check ups on all the drivers but if they're only on one line, then its just to check things on the route.

The B82 is actually late 90% of the time. I really think that line needs more service because the buses are very often filled up beyond capacity. If the MTA employees are dispatchers and are checking the ridership and if the buses are running on schedule maybe more buses will be added to the line.

The B82 is actually late 90% of the time. I really think that line needs more service because the buses are very often filled up beyond capacity. If the MTA employees are dispatchers and are checking the ridership and if the buses are running on schedule maybe more buses will be added to the line.

Thanks for bringing that info to my attention then.

Its definately MTA personnel reporting what they see and whatnot to then go back and see how to improve the line. Never knew the B82 was that bad.

Those are traffic checkers. Traffic in the MTA doesn't just mean vehicles on the road. It means people, and customers. They are taking count of how many people ride the buses, on each run. That is how it is determined how many runs are needed for a line. They will take away or add runs based on the count. I've had them when I worked the Bx19. They ride with the operator for their full run. They do have orange the vests when they ride.....

They are not dispatchers, they are traffic checkers. Dispatchers are usually at one location, and have a jacket that says NYCT Buses on the back, while Superintendents have jackets that say NYCT DOB on the back.

the 82 isn't that bad...in the morning time,I think think the 82 comes 5 time around 7am towards SC(i take the buses during that hour towards SC)After that you will see a lot of 82 going towards SC at the hour of 8am-6:00...after that the 82 takes forever to come...I've be waiting for the 82 to come at Rockway station,then you see bunch of B 6 buses running after another and finally the 82 come,but I just walk from the train station,because I will get there sooner...but I do think the 82 should add more service and maybe have LTD.

Those are traffic checkers. Traffic in the MTA doesn't just mean vehicles on the road. It means people, and customers. They are taking count of how many people ride the buses, on each run. That is how it is determined how many runs are needed for a line. They will take away or add runs based on the count. I've had them when I worked the Bx19. They ride with the operator for their full run. They do have orange the vests when they ride.....

They are not dispatchers, they are traffic checkers. Dispatchers are usually at one location, and have a jacket that says NYCT Buses on the back, while Superintendents have jackets that say NYCT DOB on the back.

Thanks for clearing that up. Forgot dispatchers at the MTA stay at one spot.

Archived