Who remembers the N91?

R44 CNG

And the N95 continues to operate today, albeit only till June.

I gotta go grab some photos of it before it goes away, I remember they sent emails to everyone and on the timetables for it theres an extra note in there about its disconinuement.

They have timetables for it and the N70-72 in one of the buildings on campus, as well as Ronkie branch timetables and two railbus timetables, Melville and Route 110

I gotta go grab some photos of it before it goes away, I remember they sent emails to everyone and on the timetables for it theres an extra note in there about its disconinuement.

They have timetables for it and the N70-72 in one of the buildings on campus, as well as Ronkie branch timetables and two railbus timetables, Melville and Route 110

Been subscribed to the LIB emails since they began a few years ago, never got anything about the N95. No note in the MTA online TT. Also, what campus are you talking about?

I hope to get some N94 shots, but it's way too limited of a service. Despite living near it, I've only seen it twice.

Been subscribed to the LIB emails since they began a few years ago, never got anything about the N95. Also, what campus are you talking about?

I hope to get some N94 shots, but it's way too limited of a service. Despite living near it, I've only seen it twice.

SUNY Farmingdale, its not an MTA email, it was something the college president emailed all the students and faculty

The most crowded N91 that I've ever seen had 6 people on it. I remember LI Bus using school buses on this route.

Thomas-Builts to be exact. Those were such pieces of garbage. No A/C, and a very rough ride. I remember bouncing out of my seat several times. Toward the end they did use the regular route buses on there (usually either 600 series diesel Orion Vs or Low 100s CNGs). Unfortunately, never did much to help ridership. I never been on a JFK Flyer with more than 5 or so ppl.

I wonder if Suffolk Transit can extend the S110 just a little further to Farmingdale LIRR to compensate for the loss of the N95? Arent most N95 stops already served by the N71 anyway?

The N71 doesnt come close to the LIRR station, whilst the N95 does. There is an alternative for city bound riders, use the Babylon Branch and catch the S1 from Amityville.

The N71 doesnt come close to the LIRR station, whilst the N95 does. There is an alternative for city bound riders, use the Babylon Branch and catch the S1 from Amityville.

I'm pretty sure its only a 5 minute walk or less to Hempstead Turnpike from the Farmingdale LIRR station. I did that a couple of times when I wanted to get to Babylon, took the LIRR to Farmingdale then the N72.

To me the cut makes sense since there are alternatives. And I made a mistake, the N71 goes to Sunrise Mall, Its the N70 that goes to Melville. And compared to the N72 and N71, the N70 is relatively empty east of Farmingdale and could use some more riders.

I remember seeing it on the Queens (2002) bus map, I think it ran down Conduit.

Didn't it follow the N32 to Lynbrook and then run down Sunrise? If so, big mistake; the route should have gone down Merrick Road to the Laurelton.

Also, wasn't the route started on a grant? Those were the days when LI Bus had many different models.

Ahh yes the N91 JFK Flyer.I rode it only twice and I enjoyed both rides.The routing was that it would follow the N17 to Rockville Centre then the N4 to Hook Creek Blvd,then to Conduit av then on Conduit to the airport.I believe I had a Cummins L10G O5CNG both times if memory serves.I miss it.Now here's something,does anyone remember the N90?(1)(A)(C)

Ahh yes the N91 JFK Flyer.I rode it only twice and I enjoyed both rides.The routing was that it would follow the N17 to Rockville Centre then the N4 to Hook Creek Blvd,then to Conduit av then on Conduit to the airport.I believe I had a Cummins L10G O5CNG both times if memory serves.I miss it.Now here's something,does anyone remember the N90?(1)(A)(C)

No wonder it was such a failure! To me, the proper routing would have been the N31/2 to Lynbrook, the N4 to the Laurelton Parkway service road, and then to the airport.

The N17 route is the worst one to choose.

Archived