Post service-cut FINDs?

MTR Admiralty

Wouldn't all the FINDs be re-programmed after the service cuts, considering how it currently reflects contemporary data? It would be misleading on the J to read (at Broad, Fulton, Canal and Bowery) a transfer to the M. Not only FINDs, but also announcements would have to be updated to reflect the change. And also the older NTTs (like the R142s and the R143s) would have to be updated in preparation for this one.

This worries me a bit, because two weeks ago, when I was in NY, the (W) still didn't display the (1) as a transfer at Whitehall St or the (V) at Herald Sq (which someone forgot to put in, because it was never there). The (N) & (Q) didn't display or announce the (5) in Brooklyn during midday hours at Atlantic-Pacific. However, the (2) and (4) correctly announced transfers to the (5) in Brooklyn during the midday. So, maybe they're just leaving the (W) alone since it's about to go. But, yes, pretty much everything that has a relation to the lines changing will need updating.

This worries me a bit, because two weeks ago, when I was in NY, the (W) still didn't display the (1) as a transfer at Whitehall St or the (V) at Herald Sq (which someone forgot to put in, because it was never there). The (N) & (Q) didn't display or announce the (5) in Brooklyn during midday hours at Atlantic-Pacific. However, the (2) and (4) correctly announced transfers to the (5) in Brooklyn during the midday. So, maybe they're just leaving the (W) alone since it's about to go. But, yes, pretty much everything that has a relation to the lines changing will need updating.

Which means every line except the Rock Park (S).

Shit I had a train yesterday my first trip out of Board street making the announcements as if it was running past Midnight. At Canel St it only said Transfer to the (2)(4)(N) and (Q) train. AT Fulton st is said only (2)(4) and (A) trains. At BWJ it say only (A) and (L) trains. Mind you me first trip is the first Skip-Stop (J) train out of Broad St.

Shit I had a train yesterday my first trip out of Board street making the announcements as if it was running past Midnight. At Canel St it only said Transfer to the (2)(4)(N) and (Q) train. AT Fulton st is said only (2)(4) and (A) trains. At BWJ it say only (A) and (L) trains. Mind you me first trip is the first Skip-Stop (J) train out of Broad St.

Ouch...what might have caused that? Was the time wrong?

That really would have confused riders

I said I am the first (J) Skip-Stop, so it was 5:00pm. The first (Z) Skip-Stop is the 4:55pm out of Broad.

I meant was the time on the train you had programmed wrong or offset, because you had to have been the time you said (5 PM) since you were doing skip-stop.

Archived