Switch Problems

NX Express

Due to switch problems at the 96th Street Station Brooklyn-bound (2) train service will run on the (5) line between the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station and the Nevins Street Station.

The (3) train service is suspended between Harlem-148th Street Station and Times Square 42nd Street Station.

South Ferry-bound (1) train service is terminating at the 137th Street City College Station.

Customers are advised to use the (A) and (C) train service at this time.

This is major:tdown: During the rush, how will Lex handle (2)(4)(5)?

If something like this ever happens on the Lexington line, I wonder about the chaos that'll ensue. There is no subway alternative to the Lexington line at the moment while the 7 Avenue line is roughly approximated by the 8 Avenue line.

If something like this ever happens on the Lexington line, I wonder about the chaos that'll ensue. There is no subway alternative to the Lexington line at the moment while the 7 Avenue line is roughly approximated by the 8 Avenue line.

Lex riders can wait around for 5-to 10 years for a (Q) or (T).;)

After 96st, which lasted all night, they had one around 9:30pm, at 238st. Trains were getting turned all day yesterday. Some got turned at 110st, some at E180st, while few (2) trains went down the West Side. On my first trip, I got turned at time square, put in the spur, then sent back north. On the last trip, crews left so late, that three crews deadheaded at 12:30a.m. back to 241st. We all just chilled and talked in the last car. Easy money day, but not fun when you got to back to work by 12:00pm, after getting back at 241st at 2:20a.m.......

You would have to take a Crosstown Bus over to the westside for trains.

If there is a switch problem at 96th Street, how would it affect the (1)(2)(3) trains, since they don't use the switch and just go straight? Even if the switch moved over to the opposite direction, (express-local, local-express), couldn't the (1) run express or the (2)(3) run local south of 96th Street to at least give 7th Avenue riders some service?

Or was there some problem like the switch kept going back and forth or something like that?

If there is a switch problem at 96th Street, how would it affect the (1)(2)(3) trains, since they don't use the switch and just go straight? Even if the switch moved over to the opposite direction, (express-local, local-express), couldn't the (1) run express or the (2)(3) run local south of 96th Street to at least give 7th Avenue riders some service?

Or was there some problem like the switch kept going back and forth or something like that?

Yes, if both facing point and trailing point are set so the train can crossover. If only one is set correctly, and the other isn't, you can get a derailment.........

Archived