South ferry out of system transfer

Abba

This weekend there was a free out of system transfer between the South Ferry(1)(2).And Bowling Green (4)(5).Was this a metrocard transfer or paper ticket transfer.And if it was metrocard has anyone seen it working at other times besides weekends?

On Saturday, after I took (2) to South Ferry, (R) to Atlantic Av-Pacific St for (5) to Bowling Green, they just had gate open for (2) customers.

On Sunday, when I got off (2) at South Ferry, station agent gave me transfer for Bowling Green, which I took (5) local to Franklin, then (4) back to Bowling Green, and paper transfer was not needed.

Gate was open.

Slightly OT but, when I got caught up in the GO where the (A) was skipping Fulton. The announcer on the (4) said you have to get a paper transfer. At Fulton, I asked for one, and they said "it's a walking transfer". I walked over to WTC and asked the boothsperson that I'm doing a walking transfer and she pointed to the gate. The gate was unlocked.

Freeloaders could benefit, but it's not like a lot of people know about the walking transfer thing without commuting.

Usually, they just leave the gates open.........

Yeah Nice for good old Fare beaters lol

Anyways, last time i went it was to walk instead, i never got a g/o ticket..

I would like to see free OoS transfer for (1)(R)(W) with (4)(5) at all times tho..

Yeah Nice for good old Fare beaters lol

Anyways, last time i went it was to walk instead, i never got a g/o ticket..

I would like to see free OoS transfer for (1)(R)(W) with (4)(5) at all times tho..

Im with you on that

I hate walking transfers. I always get lost whenever i try to do one:o

Well yeah, if there was some distance and some walking around, I do suggest that they place a map somewhere. But some walking transfers are either on the same block or even around the corner (Chambers WTC and Fulton Street, for example)

Archived