R46 E train spotted today

QM1to6Ave

Not really, at least not anymore. Since Jamaica is losing the (V) and ENY is running the (M), that's at least 18 less trains Jamaica will need. That's 18 less trains they have to lay up on the express tracks, or 18 less trains taking up space in the yard. If they ever go ahead with sending the (G) to CI yard then that's an additional 5-6 trains freed up from the yard. After the cuts Jamaica Yard shouldn't be overcrowded.

This is true. Many of the layups on the QB express tracks are R160s.

I don't see the point in replying back to him if you just repeated what he said.

There will still be plenty of layups on the Jamaica end. The only difference is that JYD will not do any work whatsover on the M fleet. Because of this, ALL M trains that lay up on that end will be stored underground somewhere between CTL (downstairs) and 179 tail tracks, possibly on the main line. I have not seen layup/put in locations yet, but there will only be about 8 trains. The rest will be at Fresh Pond Yard and in M shuttle service. Because of this, there will be some F trains stored in JYD, unlike now where there are none. They are currently stored on the n/b express tracks north of Kew and the tail tracks at 179. Presently, when 179 sends an F to the yard, the t/o brings one back, or at night as a replacement CTL gives them an R or V in its' place to lay up on the express track. Naturally, next pick it can only be an R at the end of the service day.

G train overnight storage is not an issue at JYD. Most are laid up over night in Church Yard. Next pick, JYD will only have to provide 12 cars to CSQ M-F mornings. Other than that, whenever a G consist goes bad, the 4 bad cars come in and the yard sends back 4 OK cars. Even with the losing the V fleet (effective 6/27) and eventual losing of the G fleet (unknown when) to maintain, JYD will still have a lot of cars to maintain due to all the cars required for the E/F/R. Plus at this point they lose 8 R46's per train to Pitkin and are now responsible for another 10 car train, so they are not losing as many cars as one may think.

Gawd, enough is enough, if you can't take what I write then block me or put me on the ignore list, and you better shut the hell up too. Now that is the last comment to you, next one is an ignore...

***LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC AFTER THIS LINE***

There's actually an ignore function on this forum?

Gawd, enough is enough, if you can't take what I write then block me or put me on the ignore list, and you better shut the hell up too. Now that is the last comment to you, next one is an ignore...

***LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC AFTER THIS LINE***

Oh, I wish the banhammer shows up soon...

Archived