R46 E train spotted today

QM1to6Ave

Nothing too amazing- there was an R-46 on the manhattan-bound local track at 71-Continental that was orignially signed as an R, but they announced "this will be a Manhattan-bound E express train. Stand clear of the doors" over the station PA, and the LCD's changed. It pulled out at 4:31 pm. I have not seen anything that was not an R-160 on the E in many months now, so it was a nice change :( Anyone know if there was a special reason for this?

Sorry, i could not get any pictures of the train, I was right next to a cop on the Jamaica-bound side, and I did not need any problems today.

Sorry, i could not get any pictures of the train, I was right next to a cop on the Jamaica-bound side, and I did not need any problems today.

I would actually look for trouble just so I could prove a point (possibly in court).

Damn no pics!!! Well I`ll take your word for it.The way equipment is moving around and all.Havent seen an R46 (E) since the early 2000`s

You can ask one of the T/O's or C/R's here to verify this lol (actually, I would be interested in finding out about this put-in from someone on the inside). It must have been a last minute decision to put it in, because they made the "this is an E train" announcement like 3 times- I think they knew it would confuse people.

Nothing too amazing- there was an R-46 on the manhattan-bound local track at 71-Continental that was orignially signed as an R, but they announced "this will be a Manhattan-bound E express train. Stand clear of the doors" over the station PA, and the LCD's changed. It pulled out at 4:31 pm. I have not seen anything that was not an R-160 on the E in many months now, so it was a nice change :P Anyone know if there was a special reason for this?

thanks for the tip,ill be on the lookout for it lol

So, ask him nicely "is it alright if I take a picture of the train?" whats the worst hes gunna tell you, "no" ?

I rode an R46 (E) back in 2006.

I rode on one about 2 years ago when the R42's were just starting to pop up on the E as Phase II R32's were being scrapped. I thought it would be a regular thing but it seemed to be a 1 off

Remember that as long as R-46 are still assigned to Jamaica, they can conceivably end up on ANY Queens line regardless of whether they usually run there. R-160s have been seen on the (V) although they don't regularly. R-68/As still run on the (N) occasionally. If they need it to make service, they will run there.

Wow, a subway car ran on a subway line. Why hasn't this been done before?

Believe it or not, there are one or two nutjobs out there that pay attention to these boring old subway cars, and even take pictures of it all and post them on some website or something- crazy, I know! :P :cool: :tup:

Yeah, That happend before, So it does happen sometimes, those Jamaica R160's are being abused, With graffitti so, Expect to see something different on the (E) sometimes, too late for R32's since they are at 207th.

You guys aren't going to be able to see this for yourselves. They do this from time to time whenever an extra train is needed to make service. That train does not necessarily run for the rest of the day, let alone the rest of the week. Whenver R46s have popped up on the (E) (save for summer 2008) it has only been for fleeting intervals. There was probably a delay further down the line, or an abandoned interval so they decided to change that R46 into an (E) train.

Last time I rode a R46 (E) was last year. Things seemed kind of odd these last few days! I saw a R68 (N) train today.

I do miss R46 on the (E) and the (F) (when it was fully R46). i do hope that more changes come to queens blvd... and IMO it would be really cool if a R68 showed up on the (R) or (F)! then again it's the MTA...anything can happen right?

Last time I rode a R46 (E) was last year. Things seemed kind of odd these last few days! I saw a R68 (N) train today.

I do miss R46 on the (E) and the (F) (when it was fully R46). i do hope that more changes come to queens blvd... and IMO it would be really cool if a R68 showed up on the (R) or (F)! then again it's the MTA...anything can happen right?

My T/O friend dropped her (V) run and turned it into an (E) last month and my friend caught it.

Archived