Lionel O Gauge R16 Subway Set In MTA Silver And Blue

This Lionel O Gauge four car TA R16 subway set in MTA silver and blue is marked 70(EE) Broadway Local and features opening doors and announcements of true-to-life stops along the EE which ran from 71st Avenue-Continental Avenue to Whitehall, weekdays, normal hours from Monday November 27, 1967 to Friday August 27, 1976.

Maybe a bit pricey at $799.99 (a two car add-on set to make a six car 70(EE) train is offered for $399.99) but the photos are beautiful and the memories of the real 70(EE) are priceless.

Photo and More Information: http://www.lionel.com/products/finder/ProductDetail.cfm?ProductNumber=6-31797&expandBranch=0&Keywords=&CategoryID=501&RailLine=

trainworld is the cheaper bet but they are gonna be just like the R27 and R30 sets justt with the circle windows and paint job. I will still cave in and get it. i will have every single last subway set. I swear it! I love my trains.. Just trying finish up my NJ transit comet set. By the way MTH also is offering an F40PH in NJ trtansit colors which I will splurge on. Look it up Railking.com

In MTH 2010, Volume 2 I back ordered, the 2 R142 Subway Cars on the Flat Cars, as well as the Alco S-2 Staten Island Diesel Loco. I bought the LiOnel R-27 (QT) (First Lionel Subway Set )off ebay for 256.00 for 4 cars! Not bad considering everybody had it for 584.00 and over, but of course the door problems started. This is a beautiful looking set and so is the previous one that didn't come out yet ( The Red-Robin R-27 (QJ) Train) but Lionel loves to produces slamming looking sets with the crappiest technology for the opening doors, and that's where a lot of Model Transit guys are going to say 'no'. If I get this set, it will be for 400.00 or under.... That's it.. Same for the add-on, maximum Ill pay is 180-200.00. Ill stick with MTH's sets Lionel... Sorry.

Lionel's products might have quality, but they are too expensive. This is why I have much contempt for the company. They gouge prices too frequently and by too much. But they will learn their lesson... ....once they're filing for bankruptcy protection.

In MTH 2010, Volume 2 I back ordered, the 2 R142 Subway Cars on the Flat Cars, as well as the Alco S-2 Staten Island Diesel Loco. I bought the LiOnel R-27 (QT) (First Lionel Subway Set )off ebay for 256.00 for 4 cars! Not bad considering everybody had it for 584.00 and over, but of course the door problems started. This is a beautiful looking set and so is the previous one that didn't come out yet ( The Red-Robin R-27 (QJ) Train) but Lionel loves to produces slamming looking sets with the crappiest technology for the opening doors, and that's where a lot of Model Transit guys are going to say 'no'. If I get this set, it will be for 400.00 or under.... That's it.. Same for the add-on, maximum Ill pay is 180-200.00. Ill stick with MTH's sets Lionel... Sorry.

I have that r-27 on order at trainworld, I guess sometime in december there comming. $256 for the 4 car set is a steal, thats why I love ebay sometimes you get guys in there trying to get over and then you get guys on there who just want to get rid of stuff and have low prices. Theres a dude on ebay right now trying to sell a an worlds fair r-36 8 car set for $1200, thats very expensive.

• 4 weeks later...
I have that r-27 on order at trainworld, I guess sometime in december there comming. $256 for the 4 car set is a steal, thats why I love ebay sometimes you get guys in there trying to get over and then you get guys on there who just want to get rid of stuff and have low prices. Theres a dude on ebay right now trying to sell a an worlds fair r-36 8 car set for $1200, thats very expensive.

$1200.00 for the Worlds Fair Set is probably right for this day and age. Is it for 6 cars?

$1200.00 for the Worlds Fair Set is probably right for this day and age. Is it for 6 cars?

8 cars but thats gone already. Theres someone selling a 4 car r36 on ebay for $1200 thats outrageous, also an r32 4 car for same price.But then theirs another one selling a r32, but the graffiti version for $700 and another guy selling that for $400 go figure.

8 cars but thats gone already. Theres someone selling a 4 car r36 on ebay for $1200 thats outrageous, also an r32 4 car for same price.But then theirs another one selling a r32, but the graffiti version for $700 and another guy selling that for $400 go figure.

Some of these cars can't be found. I still have the R36 WF on a flat car in a box, I wonder if I could get $150 for that?

That is true. Looking at the enlargement images of the four-car set and the two-car add-on set, the trucks and undersides of the R16 70(EE) set are very detailed. Under Features, the trucks are listed as die cast metal. The dual motors are maintenance-free and feature momentum flywheels.

The front and rear 70(EE) sign and side roll signs are lighted as are the marker lights.

Each Standard O Gauge R16 subway car is fifteen inches long and a six car train is ninety inches long.

O-36 is the minimum curve for these cars.

Archived