R40 slants and R40M on the D line

trainfan22

Today while railfanning i seen two R40s signed up as an (D).Heres the story i was ridng an R40 slant (N) looking though the RFW.And i seen an R40M signed up as the (D) so i say to myself maybe the rollsigns are wrong or something.But then coming back on an R68 (N) train the R40M was gone!And did not know where it went.Then i switch to the (Q) line to go home.And as my R68A (Q) train is leaving the station guess what i see on the (D) line platform.An R40 slant (D) train!the front and the side of the train was signed up as an (D) train.So im guessing that the R40S/M are running on the (D) for whatever reason.Maybe its because the R68s from concouse are getting enblars.

From what i see, The R40S/M (D) Trains Start from 2nd Ave, Then go to 205th, then to coney island. I might be wrong but thats what I usually see when I take the (F) From delancey on the weekends when R40s run on the (D). I do believe its for extra service since the (:) doesnt run on weekends, thus more trains running on the (D)

From what i see, The R40S/M (D) Trains Start from 2nd Ave, Then go to 205th, then to coney island. I might be wrong but thats what I usually see when I take the (F) From delancey on the weekends when R40s run on the (D). I do believe its for extra service since the (:) doesnt run on weekends, thus more trains running on the (D)

Wait they do this every weekend? WOW i thought R40 slants was rare on the (D) line.Then i will go to 2nd ave next satrday and try to railfan some R40s on the (D).

Not every weekend, once in a while when the (D) Is either split into two sections, or just to provide extra service. Give or take i'd say about every 2-3 weekends. Sometimes you may even see R68A Cars from the (:) and (Q) Lines run on the (D) sometimes

Today while railfanning i seen two R40s signed up as an (D).Heres the story i was ridng an R40 slant (N) looking though the RFW.And i seen an R40M signed up as the (D) so i say to myself maybe the rollsigns are wrong or something.But then coming back on an R68 (N) train the R40M was gone!And did not know where it went.Then i switch to the (Q) line to go home.And as my R68A (Q) train is leaving the station guess what i see on the (D) line platform.An R40 slant (D) train!the front and the side of the train was signed up as an (D) train.So im guessing that the R40S/M are running on the (D) for whatever reason.Maybe its because the R68s from concouse are getting enblars.

There wasnt any R40's (Slants or Mods) in (D)elta service on Sunday...

There wasnt any R40's (Slants or Mods) in (D)elta service on Sunday...

I saw them on saturday the first one was an R40M in CI yard signed up as the (D).The second one i saw later in the day on the (D) line platform at stillwell signed up as the (D) both the front and the side.With the lights turned off and the doors closed....

Now this is going way way back...back when the (D) was the Brighton Local, I remember being near the Ocen Pky station and seeing a R46 assigned to the Delta. Now I was a kid, but I did know the difference between the 46 and 68. Was I just seeing things or was this at all possible?

Now this is going way way back...back when the (D) was the Brighton Local, I remember being near the Ocen Pky station and seeing a R46 assigned to the Delta. Now I was a kid, but I did know the difference between the 46 and 68. Was I just seeing things or was this at all possible?

What Year?

Archived