When Budget Rebounds?

ctrain

Since the (M) gives a comunity of people a direct line to the city, taking it away will be very hard. Also for anyone who says that once things get better the (V) will go to Brooklyn, that can't happen for another 4 to 5 years at lest. I fully support the (M) and I hope it stays around.

Since the (M) gives a comunity of people a direct line to the city, taking it away will be very hard. Also for anyone who says that once things get better the (V) will go to Brooklyn, that can't happen for another 4 to 5 years at lest. I fully support the (M) and I hope it stays around.

Very well said! :tup:

Is that why they're doing all that work on the Culver or is it for the (F) so the (G) can run local out there? I actually forgot the plan for the new trackage up there.

When the MTA's budget turns around they will go back to spending money on pointless projects and extensive raises for the execs that don't need or deserve it. Then they'll cry broke sometime after that and put us through all this crap one more time.

The MTA is a monopoly. Maybe some private companies should develop train lines here, like in Japan, so the MTA will stop assaulting the poor/working class.

The (M) goes around.. It would be quicker to transfer from (M2) to (L) if you live above Myrtle Broadway. ...maybe its more convenient for people who live west of Myrtle, which is only like four stops.

I wish they rebuild that track at Myrtle Broadway. It would be awesome to have a train that went directly down to Downtown Bklyn, instead of relying on hour long bus rides. It can be called (M2)2, xD.

On the new (M) I hope that when there's a bit more money:

1) Rush hour headways will be decreased. Right now it's at 10 minutes.

2) Weekend service will be instituted.

3) 24 hour service will be instituted.

But I'm not holding my breath.

If it turns out that cutting the (M2) to south Brooklyn creates a REAL hardship for the people there, a way should be found to replace it - I know extending the (J) or (Z) out there would create a super long line but I'm sure SOMETHING could be done. The <R> was before my time but I understand that it ran from Bay Parkway to Chambers (correct me if I'm wrong) - perhaps something like that could be revived, if necessary.

There probably does need to be some kind of express service to compliment the (F) out in Brooklyn. The problem seems to be that the tracks in Manhattan just can't handle that many trains. But if they can be upgraded so that three lines can safely run on them, that might be the answer and the (V) could be revived to run side by side with the (M).

So everyone should eat their vegetables and get plenty of exercise so they can live to be very old men and women and maybe get to see these things happen.

On the new (M) I hope that when there's a bit more money:

1) Rush hour headways will be decreased. Right now it's at 10 minutes.

2) Weekend service will be instituted.

3) 24 hour service will be instituted.

But I'm not holding my breath.

If it turns out that cutting the (M2) to south Brooklyn creates a REAL hardship for the people there, a way should be found to replace it - I know extending the (J) or (Z) out there would create a super long line but I'm sure SOMETHING could be done. The <R> was before my time but I understand that it ran from Bay Parkway to Chambers (correct me if I'm wrong) - perhaps something like that could be revived, if necessary.

There probably does need to be some kind of express service to compliment the (F) out in Brooklyn. The problem seems to be that the tracks in Manhattan just can't handle that many trains. But if they can be upgraded so that three lines can safely run on them, that might be the answer and the (V) could be revived to run side by side with the (M).

So everyone should eat their vegetables and get plenty of exercise so they can live to be very old men and women and maybe get to see these things happen.

If the (M) turns out to be good, keep it.

As for lost Brooklyn service, when the MTA rebounds (if ever), they should reimplement the (W) and send it to South Brooklyn to which ever line needs the most service.

The old (M2) to Bay Parkway was only PARTIALLY useful for people who needed to get on/off the stations between 36th street and Atlantic Pacific. If you ride the (M2) between 36th and Bay Parkway, you'll see an R160 with about 3-4 people per car, and most of them are people who missed the (D) before it.

As long as the ®'s headways increase, I'm sure we wouldn't have to worry about this problem.

Is that why they're doing all that work on the Culver or is it for the (F) so the (G) can run local out there? I actually forgot the plan for the new trackage up there.

Express service is not the main reason behind the work on the Prospect Park viaduct, the whole structure is in VERY bad shape. There are places along it were you can see day light coming though the walls. When it is done, express service will be POSSIBLE but not a guarantee. As for the track plan, I have took look through some stuff to find it, but they are ADDING diamonds instead of removing them as is the usual TA way.

Yes, the (G) should help the (F)! Why create a new train line, when you have one there with a short service.

The (G) won't help the (F) unless lower Bergen is reopened which I have not heard anything about. If the (F) went express it would go from Jay to 7th Av then Church and (F) riders lose the connection with the BMT.

The (G) won't help the (F) unless lower Bergen is reopened which I have not heard anything about. If the (F) went express it would go from Jay to 7th Av then Church and (F) riders lose the connection with the BMT.

Hmm, I see.. I assume lower Bergen is that mysterious station I see below Bergen and those (mysterious) middle tracks at Carrol St.. If that's the case, can they just reopen it..? Or will it be the same issue..? (just trying to wrap my head around this, xD).

But there's still the Lawrence-Jay connector at Jay though. Just bringing up a point.

I would like to see them rescind all the BS that they ((MTA)) are about to institute, but I have a strangely familiar feeling that when the budget rebounds, nothing will be done. Even worse, people will start to forget about it (who remembers the 1995 service cuts?).

Unfortunately, you just can't win with the (MTA).

For the last time: The (M2) was going to be cut back to Chambers. SO it wasn't going to make a difference for southern Brooklyn about this new (M) service. That area was going to lose service anyway. Plus the (M2) was gonna empty out because it would stop one station short of Fulton St and there's the (V) which is empty [middays] going to 2nd Av. Tying up both 'dead ends' made more sense.

Hmm, I see.. I assume lower Bergen is that mysterious station I see below Bergen and those (mysterious) middle tracks at Carrol St.. If that's the case, can they just reopen it..? Or will it be the same issue..? (just trying to wrap my head around this, xD).

The station is such a mess that it isn't worth reopening. Plus both local and express trains [assuming they both go up 6th Av] would stop at Jay St. So people can transfer there.

The MTA is a monopoly. Maybe some private companies should develop train lines here, like in Japan, so the MTA will stop assaulting the poor/working class.

And private companies would not offer the transfers the way the MTA does. $2.25 is still a bargain when Japan or places would charge by distance than a single flat fare.

The (M) goes around.. It would be quicker to transfer from (M2) to (L) if you live above Myrtle Broadway. ...maybe its more convenient for people who live west of Myrtle, which is only like four stops.

I wish they rebuild that track at Myrtle Broadway. It would be awesome to have a train that went directly down to Downtown Bklyn, instead of relying on hour long bus rides. It can be called (M2)2, xD.

But you have to walk up or down several flights of stairs and wait for the train to show up and if you are lucky to get on the (L). Too many variables. A person would be better off just staying with a 1-seat ride.

What they really should've done is offer at least an OOS transfer from the broadway el to the (G).

The station is a mess.

img_99003.jpg

The station is a mess.

img_99003.jpg

If you call that a mess, I'd hate to see what you thing of 9th Ave lower. It would really b benificial to reopen this platform but escalators wold be needed since that was a big problem when it was last used in the 70's.

If you call that a mess, I'd hate to see what you thing of 9th Ave lower. It would really b benificial to reopen this platform but escalators wold be needed since that was a big problem when it was last used in the 70's.

I don't mean mess, but it's far from ready for service.:D

Archived