NY Daily News - MTA subway conductor Louis Velez nabbed in web sting, planned to meet

error46146

Not defending this pedophile but why mention the fact that he's an MTA Conductor? What does that matter to the story of him being a pedophile? Sounds to me like the Daily News is up to it's usual MTA employee bashing.

Not defending this pedophile but why mention the fact that he's an MTA Conductor? What does that matter to the story of him being a pedophile? Sounds to me like the Daily News is up to it's usual MTA employee bashing.

He did show up to the "meeting" in his conductor's uniform, which is pretty ridiculous, so it goes with the story, I guess.

Anytime a city worker gets busted in one of these things they say what they do for a living. If he had been a cop, firefighter, EMT, sanitation worker, parks worker, etc. they would still do this.

Anyway, people who hurt kids don't deserve the same rights as everyone else... if he is guilty.

If this guy was not a transit worker or other public servant, it would have never made the paper. This is not a unique situation, as wrong as it is. Even if it would the story would have been buried further inside the rag.

It's all about selling newspapers and the NY Daily News gets off on bashing transit workers any which way they can.

It doesn't. The article may as well have been titled "Your commuter fares and tax dollars pay for civil servant pedophiles," considering the less-than-subtle implications of the title and authorship. The Daily News used to be the only newspaper that I even bothered plunking a few quarters down because it didn't have the conservative tendencies that the Post and even the Times, at times (no pun intended) does. It seems as if the Daily News has now converted to the Dark Side of bias reporting by giving its articles a conservative slant, especially when union, MTA and NY state and city workers are the main topic. Had this offender been a teacher, politician (especially a Democratic leader) or any other civil servant, the article would have the same overtones and a similar heading. Had the person been a degenerate, a stockbroker, or a storeowner, this article would have been shoved so far towards the middle of the paper that most "picture payers" (my name for people who don't really read the articles but just look at the pictures) would fail to even take notice of the story.

That's just my opinion, which itself is bias, seeing as that I'm a city worker.

City/State workers are held to a higher "standard" in NYC.... b/c of this, it makes it easy for any news/newspaper medium (media) to scrutinize a city worker - any & every chance they get.

agree with whoever says, had this guy not been a MTA employee, this doesn't make the papers.

as for this guy seeking to meet up with a minor... I'm not gonna get started with what I think should happen to any pedophile..... MTA employee or not, that does not make a bit of difference in what's goin on in this guy's psyche...

Archived