R160s Are The Best!

Phil D.

All i will say is LOL its kinda funny that trains that are not even a year old are getting new wheels...
People didn't believe me that these trains would start having problems. "oh kawasaki is so good" "The new tech trains are the best" YEAH OK LOL!

When the R143's came out...did they also have problems similar to the R160's??

No not that i know of but they have been having a lot of problems lately.There are like three to four sets of R143s at CI yard with problems like dead motors.I even heard that they sometimes run up to eight sets of R160s on the (L) during the PM rush.Due to the lack of R143s funtioning right.they started out good like the R142/A did then after six or seven years of service it seems they just fall apart....

It seems like the old trains are more reliable.These NTT should be leading the feet in MDBF not dropping though the floor.How is a train thats 22 years old beating trains that are only six to seven years old in MDBF is beyond me...

It's definitely true that the old-technology train cars are of better quality than the new-technology ones (although the R142's might be an exception.)

Almost everything made of old technology is built better! Look at the cars, buses, trucks, planes. New tech things are basicly more advanced, and maybe more energy efficient, but thats about all.

It's definitely true that the old-technology train cars are of better quality than the new-technology ones (although the R142's might be an exception.)

The greatbirds were like 300 times better than the R142.People gotta relize that broken A/Cs and blinking lights are just going to happen.St louis car company and ACF built the greatbirds like that. And besides the a lot of R142/As have broken A/Cs and fickring lights anyway on some R142/As the lights only work halfway anyway. These R142/As are not soppsed to be having these problems kwasaki and bombardier didnt make them like that.

Old tech equipment will always do better than CPU ran stuff. When I drove charter buses, the new coaches with the CPU electronics and gadgets stayed in the shop, while the old MCI 9s and MCI 10s, stayed running strong. The new buses were towed back, far more than the old buses.

For a second, looking at the thread title, I thought Phil gone crazy. I forget he tries to be funny.

Seems like the R160s got wheels from the same company that screwed Amtrak with the Acelas.

Nah the R44 made love with an R142 at 207 st yard and had a child called the siemens R160.
Nah, the Siemens R160 was something all of its own.....

For a second, looking at the thread title, I thought Phil gone crazy. I forget he tries to be funny.

Seems like the R160s got wheels from the same company that screwed Amtrak with the Acelas.

Nah, the Siemens R160 was something all of its own.....

yep it was made from a train donation

Archived