Buses rerouted from Fulton Mall

bknightshadow45

Starting, Mon Jul 12, 2010

The Fulton Mall between Boerum Pl/Adams St and Smith/Jay Sts will be closed for construction for approximately two weeks.

Eastbound B25, B38/B38 Ltd and B52 buses will be detoured from their regular route on Fulton St to Flatbush Av. They will continue on Adams St to Livingston St, travel on Livingston St to Flatbush Av, then continue on Flatbush Av to Lafayette Av.

The B26 and B54 will remain on the Fulton Mall.

New temporary bus stops:

B61, B65

The B61 and B65 terminal has been moved one block south on Smith St between Schermerhorn and Livingston Sts.

B25, B38, B38 Ltd and B52

A new bus stop is on Lafayette Av at St. Felix St (between St. Felix St and Fort Greene Pl). In addition, B25, B38/B38 Ltd and B52 buses will stop at all eastbound bus stops on Livingston St.

I don't think it's mentioned, but Westbound (B25), (B26), (B38), and (B52) buses going to Tillary St are also being detoured. Detour Routing:

Fulton St -> Smith St -> Livingston St -> Boerum Pl -> Joralemon St

Eastbound B25, B38, B52 buses actually only have to travel on Livingston St between Adams St and Jay St. I'm guessing they're being left on Livingston St all the way until Flatbush Av for convenience.

The (B61) and (B65) aren't really affected, just pushed back one block.

New routing:

Smith St -> *terminates/lays over on Smith in between Schemhorn and Livingston Sts* -> Livingston St -> Boerum Place

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I can tell you the new routings of all the buses down there...

B25/B38/B52 Eastbound

From Adams St by the courthouse...

L on Livingston>R on Flatbush>L on Lafayette>R on fulton then regular (the B38 goes striaght down Lafayette)

B26/B54 Eastbound

No change

B25/B26/B38/B52 Westbound

From Fulton Mall>L on Smith>R on Livingston>R on Adams>L on Joralemon then regular

B65

A new terminal is on Smith St& Livingston St on the nearside corner. After that, All buses make a left on Livingston then a left on Adams then regular

B41/B57/B62/B67/B103

No change at all except for traffic delays at the intersection of Smith & Livingston Sts cuz of the mass detour of buses

Eastbound B25, B38, B52 buses actually only have to travel on Livingston St between Adams St and Jay St. I'm guessing they're being left on Livingston St all the way until Flatbush Av for convenience.

It's rather difficult for a bus to make a right turn onto the transitway from those narrow side streets.

have not been downtown since my last ride on the old B51 (2 weeks ago)...

this is news to me... thanks for the infos

Construction on the fulton mall....

Hopefully they're paving the streets, for christ's sake....

I've never done much busfanning towards downtown brooklyn... hate riding through fulton mall....

heh, I don't see how (male, especially) bicyclists can comfortably bike along that stretch; it's a combination of potholes & portions of brick roads... smh...

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

have not been downtown since my last ride on the old B51 (2 weeks ago)...

this is news to me... thanks for the infos

Construction on the fulton mall....

Hopefully they're paving the streets, for christ's sake....

I've never done much busfanning towards downtown brooklyn... hate riding through fulton mall....

heh, I don't see how (male, especially) bicyclists can comfortably bike along that stretch; it's a combination of potholes & portions of brick roads... smh...

On the part between Adams & Jay, they tore the street up completely. I loved riding my bike down there (I stood up on the bike plus I had dual shocks lol) cuz I used the bumps as ramps to get some airtime lol

• 4 weeks later...

Phase 1 of the Fulton Mall reconstruction have been completed. Phase 2 of the Fulton Mall reconstruction took effect today and will last until Mid-September.

(B25), (B26), (B38), (B52) buses run on Livingston St both directions since Fulton Mall is closed between Flatbush Ave-Jay Street.

(B61) and (B65) service is restored and returns to it's normal route.

Downtown Brooklyn Bound (B54) service is not affected. Ridgewood bound (B54) buses continues on Jay and Smith Sts to the Fulton Mall but seen some buses run on Livingston St this morning; then travels on Adams St, Tillary St, Flatbush Av to Myrtle Av; then resumes its regular route along Myrtle Av.

Today I took a ride on the (B52) this morning on my way to work and the reconstruction project at Fulton Mall caught many people off guard that there was a lack of notification of the detour until the bus reached Fulton St-Hudson Ave. Many people got off the bus and decided to walk. I also noticed that many buses that run along Fulton Mall had a lack of service notices on bus stops and buses and I only noticed one for the phase 2 reconstruction project.

(B61) and (B65) service is restored and returns to it's normal route.

Just some info. I took the B61 today to downtown and I was let off at the temporary terminal stop south of Livingston instead of the normal stop South of Fulton (and the B65 terminated there, too), but the bus turned around on Fulton instead of Livingston.

Archived