MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sylveon said:

dumb as hell since Stengel barely has enough buses

No CS has extra buses at this point. They still have around 17 Orion NG’s that never got retired or moved after the new LFS’s came in. I believe the only reason why the NG’s are still at CS is because they operate the Q94/Q95 shuttle routes. 

They still are waiting for two more LFS’s to be delivered and then the NYCT conehead LFS order is complete. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

25 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

No CS has extra buses at this point. They still have around 17 Orion NG’s that never got retired or moved after the new LFS’s came in. I believe the only reason why the NG’s are still at CS is because they operate the Q94/Q95 shuttle routes. 

They still are waiting for two more LFS’s to be delivered and then the NYCT conehead LFS order is complete. 

CS would be at a shortage if they retired the NGs with no replacement. The 2 LFS can only kill 2 NGs. Stengel would be forced to keep the NGs longer than expected because of this recent transfer. It would be extremely hard to retire the NGs from the XE40 order since the depots getting the XE40s don’t have anything that fits in with Stengel’s fleet.

34 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

CS would be at a shortage if they retired the NGs with no replacement. The 2 LFS can only kill 2 NGs. Stengel would be forced to keep the NGs longer than expected because of this recent transfer. It would be extremely hard to retire the NGs from the XE40 order since the depots getting the XE40s don’t have anything that fits in with Stengel’s fleet.

I know they wouldn’t get rid of them now especially with the shuttle routes that they have, but once those shuttle routes gone they shouldn’t need those NG’s anymore right? I thought this order was a bus to bus replacement. 

Then again as I type this I am wondering how many NG’s were at CS before the LFS’s started to come in because didn’t CS have about 101-104 Orion VII NG’s? I know they ended up acquiring some of Jamaica’s NG’s several years in addition to some from QV and other depots. 

49 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I know they wouldn’t get rid of them now especially with the shuttle routes that they have, but once those shuttle routes gone they shouldn’t need those NG’s anymore right? I thought this order was a bus to bus replacement. 

Then again as I type this I am wondering how many NG’s were at CS before the LFS’s started to come in because didn’t CS have about 101-104 Orion VII NG’s? I know they ended up acquiring some of Jamaica’s NG’s several years in addition to some from QV and other depots. 

They had around 90 units before the Novas came in last year.

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

With this recent transfer, Stengel will be forced to hold onto the NGs until who knows when and I’m not so sure as to how they would replace them since the only novas Stengel has is the 2022s.

Edited by xD4nn

32 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

With this recent transfer, Stengel will be forced to hold onto the NGs until who knows when and I’m not so sure as to how they would replace them since the only novas Stengel has is the 2022s.

Casey Stengel could replace them easily if they wanted to. For example, once Kingsbridge receives electric buses, they could send buses over to Jamaica/Queens Village and then they can send their buses over to Casey Stengel. I’m not saying this will happen, but it’s a possibility.

11 minutes ago, Iron Valiant said:

Casey Stengel could replace them easily if they wanted to. For example, once Kingsbridge receives electric buses, they could send buses over to Jamaica/Queens Village and then they can send their buses over to Casey Stengel. I’m not saying this will happen, but it’s a possibility.

KB is sending buses over to Manhattanville. It’s either MJQ will send buses along with KB or Charleston will send their buses to KB while KB sends buses over to Manhattanville.

4 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

KB is sending buses over to Manhattanville. It’s either MJQ will send buses along with KB or Charleston will send their buses to KB while KB sends buses over to Manhattanville.

I guess flat will receive from GA  when GA gets their xe40's,  so they can retire there NG's?