Chelsea Clinton's $3 Million-Plus Wedding in Rhinebeck, NY

Shortline Bus

This is not only probably the biggest and most famous wedding of a celebrity (in this case a daughter of a 1-time President of the United States)in 2010 but also maybe the biggest cultural event of the Hudson Valley/Catskills with National/Global News Attention since the Woodstock Rock Concerts of both 1969 and 1994.

Rhinebeck is in Northern Ducthess County about 15-20 miles North from Poughkeepsie which demographic wise has one of the wealthiest towns in the region if not the state.

Not to mention area roads such as US Route 9 between Hyde Park and the Kingston/Rhinecliff Bridge and local air space around Rhinebeck is closed until around 6pm by order of Secret Service. Probably costing taxpayer lots of money.

I heard about this on news 12 brooklyn this morning...

to hell with the actual marriage... the only thing this wedding will accomplish is the putting of Rhinebeck, NY on the map, so to speak.

edit:

just read Shortline's post about the location; I thought rhinebeck was near the kingston rhinecliff..

I heard about this on news 12 brooklyn this morning...

to hell with the actual marriage... the only thing this wedding will accomplish is the putting of Rhinebeck, NY on the map, so to speak.

edit:

just read Shortline's post about the location; I thought rhinebeck was near the kingston rhinecliff..

The Town of Rhinebeck itself is about 4-5 miles from the Kingston Bridge. The Bridge is on the outskirts of town just like for example the Poughkeepsie Galleria Mall. The Galleria while techincally is in Poughkeepsie the actual location is in Wappingers Falls. Or putting it in NYC Metro terms the Green Acres Mall LOL.

The Town of Rhinebeck itself is about 4-5 miles from the Kingston Bridge. The Bridge is on the outskirts of town just like for example the Poughkeepsie Galleria Mall. The Galleria while techincally is in Poughkeepsie the actual location is in Wappingers Falls. Or putting it in NYC Metro terms the Green Acres Mall LOL.

I thought Wappingers started past Route 9D/Vassar Rd?

Archived