The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

On 5/2/2017 at 7:55 PM, Paolp said:

While phone should not be fragile neither they should be able to withstand a drop from the second floor. 

A phone should be good at making a call that's it. 

I'm not sure who told you that lie, not when it costs $600 - 700.  

On 4/26/2018 at 7:48 PM, IRT Bronx Express said:

Android for me since August 2013. Time for a possible upgrade to Apple in the future. At least the battery lasts long, whereas my Samsung phone dies in one day SMH

One day isn't bad.  Besides these newer phones have super charging now, so you can get some good juice in 10 minutes. I was at 23% just a little while ago and I'm back at 57%.  

4 hours ago, CenSin said:

I buy Sony phones for that very reason—battery life. I’m in the market for compact customizable phones with long battery life. Apple seems to have left that market as many other Android phone manufacturers have. The majority of phones are too big and have short battery life. Apple also has the additional disadvantage of taking the walled-garden approach to apps and operating system customization.

My first smartphone back in the States was a Sony Ericsson. I loved that little guy.  I honestly don't remember when I bought it, but I loved that you could change the shell, so if the phone was dinged, you could easily have a new shell put on. :D

• 3 months later...

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Making the switch over to the Red OnePlus 6 in a week or two....the 6T won't have a headphone jack, which is a huge dealbreaker to me.

Saddens me that there are less options for phones these days without headphone jacks. Sooner or later, all of them wont have it, it's why im holding onto my iphone 6s at this point. My sister has the iphone 8 and she has no other real option but to use wireless headphones, which I (and she) currently despises...

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

• 1 year later...