Interesting Sightings Today

Cait Sith

Well on my way home from school, I saw 2 R160B Trains that were signed for the (N) Running via the 6th Ave line not in service at Broadway Lafayette. Then after that, I saw a 2 R40s signed for the N and the W Go past by Broadway Lafayette. Both R160 trains consisted of 8800 - 8842 Series cars. I supposed they were heading towards 207th Street Yard?

Well, the thing was. One of the consists I rode on and the end car was 8813. It was pulled out of service cause of some sort of technical issue, and went to CI Yard. Then like 40 mins later it was seen going uptown at broadway lafayette.

Well, the thing was. One of the consists I rode on and the end car was 8813. It was pulled out of service cause of some sort of technical issue, and went to CI Yard. Then like 40 mins later it was seen going uptown at broadway lafayette.

LOL 8813 got pulled out of service due to techincal issuesl. I wonder where these NTT are going to be 20 years from now......

LOL 8813 got pulled out of service due to techincal issuesl. I wonder where these NTT are going to be 20 years from now......

Still running, but with $1,000,000 in CPU upgrades, by retirement time.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No to 30 day test, yes to 1 year of brutal test. That means you know what needs to be retired within 2 years, start picking out models, or get the paperwork done and submitted to the manufacturers of what you want, and have new test train or bus on the road for 1 year prior to the retirement of any train/bus. This way you don't get stuck with a fleet of duds, and make enemies along the way, suing them, cause you didn't test what you wanted thoroughly, before mass purchasing......

im not exactly sure why it got pulled out of service, when the T/O went into the cab and tried to start up the train, it wouldnt start. After like 25 minutes later, it started up and got pulled out of service. 40-50 mins later i saw it fly by broadway lafayette on the express going uptown not in service.. If it wasnt going to 207th street yard, where else could it have gone via 6th ave? o.O

No one believed what I had to say about the NTTs being nothing but trouble as they start to run in service. I knew they would be pieces of junk. They are having so many problems now its not even funny. The MTA made a big mistake buying these trains. Like I always say, the MTA replaced the good trains the crews loved and everyone else loved with POS NTTs that aren't worth 2 cents.

Archived