Ridgewood Intermodal Terminal

Fresh Pond

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

After months of delays, ridgewood Intermodal Terminal is finally open. Although it actually opened on Friday, not every bus used it. Today, every bus must use it.

Its split up into 7 spots (A-G) on both sides of Palmetto St between Wyckoff & St. Nicholas Avs. The following buses uses the following spots...

Palmetto St SB

A: B13 to Wyckoff Hospital

B: Q55 (first & last stop)

C: B54 (first & last stop)

Palmetto St NB

D: Drop-off spot

E: Q58 (first stop towards Flushing)

F: B13 to Gateway Mall & B26 (first stop towards Downtown Brooklyn)

G: B52 (first stop to Downtown Brooklyn)

The following reroutes are also in effect...

B13 NB

From Gates/St. Nicholas...

-Left on St. Nicholas

-Right on Palmetto (new bus stop)

-Right on Wyckoff then regular

B54

From Myrtle/Gates...

-Right on Gates (new bus stop on Gates & Wyckoff nearside)

-Right on St. Nicholas

-Right on Palmetto (new terminal)

-Right on Myrtle then regular

B52

From Gates/Irving

-Right on Irving

-Left on Palmetto (new drop off stop on Palmetto & Wyckoff (Old B54 last stop))

-Left on St. Nicholas

-Left on Gates then regular

The newest brooklyn bus map shows the reroutes

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Its basically the same thing....plus that entire block is (supposedly) bus only

So is it like Hempstead/165th where each bus route has a bay and the bus just pulls in/backs out or Jamaica Center where the bays are right behind each other?

I do like Hempstead better, because the bays are at an angle (about... 20 degrees or so) which makes it easy to pull in/back out.

So is it like Hempstead/165th where each bus route has a bay and the bus just pulls in/backs out or Jamaica Center where the bays are right behind each other?

I do like Hempstead better, because the bays are at an angle (about... 20 degrees or so) which makes it easy to pull in/back out.

Its like jamaica Center. But unlike Jamaica, there's no special side street and/or Double bus lane for it. Palmetto St between Wyckoff Av & St. Nicholas Av (1 block) has been relabled as bus only

Now only if the B7 could be extended to this new terminal providing a direct bus from Central Brooklyn and Midwood.

It could if it turns on Halsey St after it turns onto Broadway and that actually sounds good but it would be too long given its current headways

For that matter, how about the (Q18) or (Q38) half or some other line extended from the other side of Queens.

I always said that they should create a setup like 165th by taking part of the parking lot and building bays and a covered platform against the wall where the dumpsters are, and making a mini-mall terminal inside the building with exits and windows on that side. So then everything would be consolidated in the mid block between Palmetto and Gates, and Wyckoff and St. Nicholas, instead of spread out on both sides of the street. (the diagonal bays would allow more to fit in a shorter strip).

IMO, since they are already nearby, would it be a good idea to send the B38, Q39, and B20 to the Terminal?

Out of those 3, I would say the B38 since that's the closest of them but then people on Seneca Av between Palmetto St ((M) train station) & Myrtle Av lose a bus service. On the other hand, its only about 8 blocks from Myrtle to Palmetto so the walk isn't really that long. The Q39 is all the way up on Forest Av and the closest the B20 gets is on Myrtle Av and Fresh Pond Rd

Out of those 3, I would say the B38 since that's the closest of them but then people on Seneca Av between Palmetto St ((M) train station) & Myrtle Av lose a bus service. On the other hand, its only about 8 blocks from Myrtle to Palmetto so the walk isn't really that long. The Q39 is all the way up on Forest Av and the closest the B20 gets is on Myrtle Av and Fresh Pond Rd

Of those ideas, the B20 is the most realistic IMO. It could travel Mytrle, then along current route via Fresh Pond and to/from Bway Jct/Spring Creek. Only negative is that B20 lose a 1-seat ride to/from Fresh pond/67th Ave shopping and business center. If that case you can have those B20 transfer to the Q39 which could be re-routed to serve the area around the 67th Ave/Fresh Pond (M) station.

Of those ideas, the B20 is the most realistic IMO. It could travel Mytrle, then along current route via Fresh Pond and to/from Bway Jct/Spring Creek. Only negative is that B20 lose a 1-seat ride to/from Fresh pond/67th Ave shopping and business center. If that case you can have those B20 transfer to the Q39 which could be re-routed to serve the area around the 67th Ave/Fresh Pond (M) station.

Proposed routes:

B20-From current terminal, via B13 route to the terminal. Alternative is via the Q58.

B38-

To Terminal: Seneca Av, right on Catalpa, right on Myrtle, via Q55 to terminal.

From Terminal: via Q55 to Seneca Av, left on Seneca

Q39-

To Terminal: via current route to Summerfield Street, right on Summerfield, right on Wyckoff, to terminal via B26 route.

From Terminal: via Wyckoff to Decatur St, via Decatur to Forest Av, then regular.

Since I'm not familiar with the neighborhood, these ideas are probably ridiculous, but it's worth a try.:)

(Q39) would be good, like (Q18), if they made it a better route to the Queens corridor. (Straighten it out). I didn't include it in the idea, because then that would take away from lower Forest Ave. In my full list of ideas, I had sent something else down that way to replace it.

To keep that section, and then swing it back via Summerfield and Wyckoff would be out of the way.

The (B38) I wouldn't bother, as it parallels all the other routes going downtown, and crosses the (B54) if you really need to transfer to it.

Archived