Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

So, you can adjust the shape to work with curved stations? Also, I am wondering if multi track splines works with invisible stations.

YES!!! Thats why I said shape(not meaning person shape but platform curve radius and stuff).

And yes there are 1T,2T,4T,6T,8T 12T invisible stations but I prefer the 1T because it'll be easier for example an 3t sta(2 local 1 in the middle) a 1T invisible can be placed and can be named ex. 5th Av-49th St then the uptown can be named 5th Av-49th St-N so when u do scheduling u know which 5th Av u want that train to stop at and for 3t exp stations the middle track can be like M Astoria Blvd or whatever.U can adjust passenger amount from 0 to 70 also passengers/hour,platform length going from x meters to about 250 or so which is more than enough for 10 car A-division and 10 car B-division trains.

Also door openings and for curved stations theres like a size thing.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey All---

The trackwork for the (5) has been coming along slowly due to the holidays but I have finally made it down to Brooklyn Bridge, and the City Hall Loop. Tomorrow I shall break ground into Brooklyn.

Also, major announcement, I'm upgrading the (5) to include the (4) and (6) as well. In the Bronx, only the Jerome & Pelham branches need to be finished, and the branch to Utica Av.

Enjoy these few pictures!

(4)(5) express tracks descend north of 42 St

Exp51St.jpg

14 St-Union Square looking north

UnionSq.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Loop

BB-1.jpg

Loop1.jpg

Loop2.jpg

Loop3.jpg

And yeah, that is a custom station I built just for City Hall.

And lastly, progress strip map:

5Progress12-19.jpg

Happy Holidays,

-A :cool:

*cough* Eye candy?

R142HDUpdate-1.png

I think it's high time I got this done and released before I resume work on the R160. This shouldn't take much longer(although that doesn't mean it will be released anytime soon).

I'll also be reworking the stations and lowering the poly count on the el tracks. stay tuned.

Just wanted to give a small update:

(4)(5) finished in Manhattan, including both South Ferry loop stations (outer loop for the (1) ends in bumper blocks where the loops "end" (the point where the line resumes double-track tunneling). So far the route is completed up to Boro Hall in Brooklyn. Should be getting the downtown area and Rogers Junctions done before the New Year, then signalling and signs.

I'm holding off on the Bronx (4) & (6) lines until I receive betas of BStyles' newer low-poly tracks. I might just lay rulers down to make my life easier later on.

Happy Holidays everyone!

(P.S. This post will be amended with some screenshots later on, so stay tuned!)

Also Green will you be doing the SIRR as well or just the NYCTA?

P.S. (Just a thought here) Do you think when all of this is done that you or anyone could make the LIRR and merge it with your subway route? or is that like to much for a computer handle?

I just downloaded the new objects and signals and love them! One thing I really hate about the station splines is that there are tracks already in placement meaning no one can add an invisible station whereever.Other than that issue its fine.If you can remove those stations as "track" objects and put them as splines that would be great then we would have more flexibility I'm not a person to just create a passenger route with no passengers(activities) or anything thats plain ol' boring and too easy.I know Jeffmorris's layout is non passenger enabled because if he would had our computers would just die(not literally).Unless if its possible which I doubt can the splines be already passenger enabled?

Also Green will you be doing the SIRR as well or just the NYCTA?

P.S. (Just a thought here) Do you think when all of this is done that you or anyone could make the LIRR and merge it with your subway route? or is that like to much for a computer handle?

Just NYCTA. SIRR really has never interested me, and combining the LIRR with my route would be major overkill. Some parts I will model, like Sunnyside yards and Woodside near the (7)<7>, and tiny portions near the (L)(3) connection, but that's about it. If I attempted an LIRR route, I'd need to read up on it first, since the track maps I already own.

I just downloaded the new objects and signals and love them! One thing I really hate about the station splines is that there are tracks already in placement meaning no one can add an invisible station whereever.Other than that issue its fine.If you can remove those stations as "track" objects and put them as splines that would be great then we would have more flexibility I'm not a person to just create a passenger route with no passengers(activities) or anything thats plain ol' boring and too easy.I know Jeffmorris's layout is non passenger enabled because if he would had our computers would just die(not literally).Unless if its possible which I doubt can the splines be already passenger enabled?

Thanks for the kind words---and like you, I don't like boring routes either, and I have been racking this ol' brain to come up with ways to make them passenger enabled. I will look into your idea--Sniper297 over on the Auran forums had a suggestion, if you pop on over there (it escapes me right now). Have you downloaded the Custom Station Kit? It has pillars, beams, walls, exits, platforms, etc where you can build your own station layouts without tracks, and then it'd be possible to input invisible stations. But strictly in terms of keeping things easy, I will take your idea under consideration.

And, no, splines cannot be passenger enabled, or renameable or anything like that. It's a trade-off I weighed heavily before deciding to go with the 3-in-1 track-spline route for the stations.

Oh, and the (Q) route mentioned above is obsolete for the time being, but not deleted, so I will comb through my photos and post some this weekend.

Have a safe New Year!

I don't think it'd be hard to change a track object to a regular spline object and remove the track as well(thats basically all that needs to be done) so developers can put down that end station object(non-spline) on two ends lined up and attach the spline to the two points and while thats the station just an invisible station just needs to be added on whatever local track and a track to connect the insisible station to the end points and done. It may not be easier that how I think it is but thats basically whats gotta be done.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to BStyles last month--he is on hiatus for personal reasons that I cannot disclose. When I hear from him again, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

As for me, I recently started school again this semester, and I've been busy with that and work. Not to mention, I am working on completing the BART route for fellow user Rocky, who is a supervisor--they hope to use it in future online training for their TOs. This may be the beginning of a relationship with BART that turns into employment, so I'll have to put that first.

I will not be including PATH stations, as it is a NYC subway route. As I'm on a "rotating" basis with my three current projects, NYCTA is next up to be revisited. I'll probably alternate between that and BART for the next several weeks to keep things fresh.

Things aren't dead you guys--just a little busy! And I'd like to see others in the forum spice things up and contribute with their own route pics, etc! Step it up fellas!

I am also going to post some stuff from my subway route. I am waiting for GE&P (6) to release his elevated stations before I start going outside. I have done something that is different to NYCTA route building. I have integrated the 6T side, island, and island stations into one route.

It starts out as a 6T island terminal. Then it changes to a 6T Bypass. Then the 6T Side. Then the line branches into a 4T line with an island station.

As for the trains, I am using the R46, R46B, and a German train which I forgot the name of, but it is DestSignTable workable. I can put things like the R32; the route first, and then the Destination. If you haven't figured out yet, the routes so far are the 70(A)(Q) and <Q>. I use the R46 for the 70(A) and (Q), the German Train on the <Q>, because I do not have the R46 rollsign for it. I am thinking of adding the (R) and 70(M) as Express trains.

The Express will stop at the Bypass station, while passing the side station. The Bypass will skip both the side and bypass stations. I will have some pictures up later tonight, just like (S) train.

Might not look as good as the rest of the stuff on here, but I am making it on a Mac (TS2010), the last version I had was Trainz 2006.

It doesn't matter if it "doesn't look as good as some of the stuff on here". Patience and determination is what gets you really good looking models. BStyles and I still have the very first pictures of my attempts at a subway station last year---it was so atrocious it made Chambers St (J)(Z) look beautiful by comparison. And if you thumb back through this thread, you can see the evolution of my subway signals--the first ones were "meh", but as I spent more time on them, they got better and better with input from forum members and BStyles himself. So, don't be afraid to post stuff up here, even if you may not think it's stellar. It's the first step in perfecting what you have in mind for a final product. Despite being a content creator almost exclusively now, I am still a huge fan of looking at what other people can come up with! :tup::tup:

Ok well again i cant seem to take pics off my laptop and idk why i cant do this but the pics i was ganna do were like making subways more real so i added posters to the walls and since i couldnt find like rats or garbage im in the process of making them in GSU8 so ya thats what im working with when i find out how to post pics you will impressed i hope.