Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Green Egg's i must say your stations are Excellent. will you also be releasing open cut stations as well?

I was considering abandoning it because of how well Jeff Morris' stations came out when I was doing re-texturing. But now, I believe I am back on board after seeing how awesome EL3T's tracks work. I like the "3-in-1" spline method to creating my stations rather than a fixed station object.

Also, I am doing the (S) 42 St stations as well, since those are irregular, as well as the (6) City Hall Loop, and the (1) SF Loops. Those stations will be fixed station objects since they're rare and only show up once/twice in the system.

I need everyone's opinion on something else too (at least 5 replies before I consider): abandoned stations? Overkill or not?

-A :cool:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was considering abandoning it because of how well Jeff Morris' stations came out when I was doing re-texturing. But now, I believe I am back on board after seeing how awesome EL3T's tracks work. I like the "3-in-1" spline method to creating my stations rather than a fixed station object.

Also, I am doing the (S) 42 St stations as well, since those are irregular, as well as the (6) City Hall Loop, and the (1) SF Loops. Those stations will be fixed station objects since they're rare and only show up once/twice in the system.

I need everyone's opinion on something else too (at least 5 replies before I consider): abandoned stations? Overkill or not?

I Like the idea of the (S), (6),(1) Stations. would you consider doing the Prospect Park (S) Stations As well? As For the Abandoned stations i think it's a great idea. If it's like Bstyles said an NYCTA Megapack then every single type of NYCTA Train station should be included. But hey thats my opinion. ;):)

I Like the idea of the (S), (6),(1) Stations. would you consider doing the Prospect Park (S) Stations As well? As For the Abandoned stations i think it's a great idea. If it's like Bstyles said an NYCTA Megapack then every single type of NYCTA Train station should be included. But hey thats my opinion. ;):)

I have one more question how can I put your BP station on top oneanother like the station on the (C)(:P after 59th to 125th.

Once you've laid your initial spline station, lay another one, and then select the height tool and type in how much higher above the first one you want the second station (I usually put them about 4.6m above each other, since they are 4.5m tall)

If you did abondoned stations I'd be for it. They add realism and when in cab itll look amazing

Thanks! I shall consider. That's one :tup: for it

Green Eggs if you can could you post pics of 42nd St for the ACE trains?

And is anyone making an R160?

Once I let you all drool over the Brighton Line pics, I shall take pictures of random shots. And BStyles is working on the R160. I spoke to him a few days ago, and he is in the process of getting his new laptop situated. Once he does, I assume all his current projects will be green-lighted again.

Brighton Line stuff in the next post!

I have one more question how can I put your BP station on top oneanother like the station on the (C)(:P after 59th to 125th.

Once you've laid your initial spline station, lay another one, and then select the height tool and type in how much higher above the first one you want the second station (I usually put them about 4.6m above each other, since they are 4.5m tall)

If you did abondoned stations I'd be for it. They add realism and when in cab itll look amazing

Thanks! I shall consider. That's one :tup: for it

Green Eggs if you can could you post pics of 42nd St for the ACE trains?

And is anyone making an R160?

Once I let you all drool over the Brighton Line pics, I shall take pictures of random shots. And BStyles is working on the R160. I spoke to him a few days ago, and he is in the process of getting his new laptop situated. Once he does, I assume all his current projects will be green-lighted again.

Brighton Line stuff in the next post!

Just in time for the celebration of the (;) express returning alongside the (Q)!!!

I've finally rediscovered my motivation for content creation and route building after "studying" pictures of the Brighton line and mulling over how to recreate the line as best I can. I spent two days (not all the way through! :P) creating a dozen or so track splines, station splines, and station objects to be used on the Brighton line. I tackled the problem of stations that are "half-and-half" (half subway/half open cut) by making two separate splines and two separate end pieces and putting them together. So, without further delay, here is the Brighton line, complete up to Kings Highway. I know it looks bare because of the lack of scenery, but once I finish the line to CI and install the signals, then I will put in the many trees and such. I also have to make bridge splines for when the line passes over the streets.

This was a really fun project to work on and I'm happy with the results!

Prospect Park

ProspectParknb.jpg

ProspectParksb.jpg

Parkside Av

ParksideAvsb.jpg

ParksideAvsbend.jpg

ParksideAvnb.jpg

Church Av

ChurchAv.jpg

Beverley Rd/Cortelyou Rd

Beverley-Cortelyou.jpg

Newkirk Plaza

NewkirkPlaza.jpg

Avenues H, J, M

AvenuesHJM.jpg

Kings Highway

KingsHighway.jpg

Enjoy!

P.S. Credit for the Surface Tracks shown in the pictures goes to ExpressLine3Train! He does amazing work! *thumbs up*

Just in time for the celebration of the (;) express returning alongside the (Q)!!!

I've finally rediscovered my motivation for content creation and route building after "studying" pictures of the Brighton line and mulling over how to recreate the line as best I can. I spent two days (not all the way through! :P) creating a dozen or so track splines, station splines, and station objects to be used on the Brighton line. I tackled the problem of stations that are "half-and-half" (half subway/half open cut) by making two separate splines and two separate end pieces and putting them together. So, without further delay, here is the Brighton line, complete up to Kings Highway. I know it looks bare because of the lack of scenery, but once I finish the line to CI and install the signals, then I will put in the many trees and such. I also have to make bridge splines for when the line passes over the streets.

This was a really fun project to work on and I'm happy with the results!

Prospect Park

ProspectParknb.jpg

ProspectParksb.jpg

Parkside Av

ParksideAvsb.jpg

ParksideAvsbend.jpg

ParksideAvnb.jpg

Church Av

ChurchAv.jpg

Beverley Rd/Cortelyou Rd

Beverley-Cortelyou.jpg

Newkirk Plaza

NewkirkPlaza.jpg

Avenues H, J, M

AvenuesHJM.jpg

Kings Highway

KingsHighway.jpg

Enjoy!

P.S. Credit for the Surface Tracks shown in the pictures goes to ExpressLine3Train! He does amazing work! *thumbs up*

You don't know how happy I am cuz I really love the (Q) line so I'm in love with those station sorry if I sound a little sappy but I just love anything that has to do with the (Q) line so keep up the great work man really keep it up.

P.S. If you get to Conney Island will you be using EL3T's station model?

You don't know how happy I am cuz I really love the (Q) line so I'm in love with those station sorry if I sound a little sappy but I just love anything that has to do with the (Q) line so keep up the great work man really keep it up.

No, because he lost the model a few months back. I'll probably make my own model of the platforms and such and use Andi06's roofs.

Head on over to the Trainz Sim Video Section for an (S) layup move at Prospect Park

No, because he lost the model a few months back. I'll probably make my own model of the platforms and such and use Andi06's roofs.

Head on over to the Trainz Sim Video Section for an (S) layup move at Prospect Park

Ok and someone told me you were the man for this job um im trying to my signature on my R142 train how can i do that. Cuz i want it to look like this iaza15909937656800.gif. but it doesn't it only says Lexington Av EXP. If you know what i mean do you think you can help.

Ok and someone told me you were the man for this job um im trying to my signature on my R142 train how can i do that. Cuz i want it to look like this iaza15909937656800.gif. but it doesn't it only says Lexington Av EXP. If you know what i mean do you think you can help.

Hmm, whoever told you that is wildly over-estimating my abilities, lol :P

I do not know how to do that yet. My experience with things related to rolling stock in the game is very close to zero. Ask BStyles for now? I haven't even started to study Magicland's and Jeff Morris' configs yet. I should probably get on that soon since I need accurate cars to test my BART Route.

I can help you make the rollsigns, but as far as animating them and such? Not my strong point.

P.S. I would like to know where I can get the full character set and a blank template for the R142.

Hmm, whoever told you that is wildly over-estimating my abilities, lol :P

I do not know how to do that yet. My experience with things related to rolling stock in the game is very close to zero. Ask BStyles for now? I haven't even started to study Magicland's and Jeff Morris' configs yet. I should probably get on that soon since I need accurate cars to test my BART Route.

I can help you make the rollsigns, but as far as animating them and such? Not my strong point.

P.S. I would like to know where I can get the full character set and a blank template for the R142.