What Stations will get elevators before the end of 2012

underbankbldg

Although I don't mind the ramps at Stillwell (good exercise pushing the chair), waiting for the B68, especially on weekends, at Brighton Beach and Coney Island Avenue gets stale quickly.

From what evidence I do see I know that Bay Parkway(D) and Kings Highway(:P(Q) are slated to get elevators. Which other stations are slated to get elevators by the end of 2012?

See for yourself....

from this website: http://www.nyctransportationaccess.com/information/2010/04/100-key-station-list.html

If you want dates go to the MTA Board Meeting package....

This list must be a bit out of date, because 86 Street on the R is beyond the planning stage. The elevator for that station, although originally planned, will not be built. It would have involved an extension of the 86 St mezzanine. That, along with most of the other work planned for that station was canceled due to budgetary reasons with exception of minor improvements like paint, fixing a stair, and adding the new platform edges. 95 St was originally proposed also because of the full length mezzanine.

This list must be a bit out of date, because 86 Street on the R is beyond the planning stage. The elevator for that station, although originally planned, will not be built. It would have involved an extension of the 86 St mezzanine. That, along with most of the other work planned for that station was canceled due to budgetary reasons with exception of minor improvements like paint, fixing a stair, and adding the new platform edges. 95 St was originally proposed also because of the full length mezzanine.

The list is not out of date. This is MTA way to make the subway more accessible to all disabled but it does not indicate the exact date to be for reminder in that list at full ADA compliant. They can add more to the list that should be full ADA compliant that will planned and construct in a period of time

86 Street (R) is getting elevators, but not by 2020. Its already in the budget to get a brand new makeover.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I don't see why Rockaway Pky on the (L) needs one since the station is at street level and is already wheelchair-accessable

The list is not out of date. This is MTA way to make the subway more accessible to all disabled but it does not indicate the exact date to be for reminder in that list at full ADA compliant. They can add more to the list that should be full ADA compliant that will planned and construct in a period of time

86 Street (R) is getting elevators, but not by 2020. Its already in the budget to get a brand new makeover.

So you're saying it's going to get them after 2020? All I know is that the present "makeover" is not going to include elevators and much of what was going to be in the rehab was taken out including the proposed elevators.

So you're saying it's going to get them after 2020? All I know is that the present "makeover" is not going to include elevators and much of what was going to be in the rehab was taken out including the proposed elevators.

The rehab will accommodate the elevators. The problem is the money and its target date for completion. MTA projections pointed at or by 2020.

Parkchester not adding them during this rehab always was curious to me, even though I know why. Common sense should have prevailed, even as they build a new south entrance to the station (people will be able to enter from both north and south when its done).

Parkchester is not in MTA 100 ADA subway station key list.

The rehab will accommodate the elevators. The problem is the money and its target date for completion. MTA projections pointed at or by 2020.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this ... but the present rehab will not include elevators. The rehab (if you can even call it that) is underway right now ... a few ADA items are bring added such as platform edges and a raised platform near the C/R's position. That is not an MTA-NYCT site and it isn't telling the whole story, just one general list which is obviously out of date, it says from April. Most of the projects have scheduled completion dates ... it is not all "pointed at or by 2020."

^ Thats ok if you dont like to reply my post. The 100 key ADA station list is legit. There is article depicted that 86 St, Brooklyn is getting elevators, you can google search for the stories. The reminder of the stations in that list that dont have ADA in place will get it by or at 2020 in MTA projections. Its been on MTA Board Metting materials listed it.

^ Thats ok if you dont like to reply my post. The 100 key ADA station list is legit. There is article depicted that 86 St, Brooklyn is getting elevators, you can google search for the stories.

If you're referring to the article in The Brooklyn Paper, the only reference to it is a quote from a rider who claims that "they [the MTA] say they'll put them in place by 2020." Now we should all know the TA too well by now to assume that anything that far in the future is a certainty in the present time.

The reminder of the stations in that list that dont have ADA in place will get it by or at 2020 in MTA projections.

Again, too far into the future to accurately predict. Just because the TA says they'll do something doesn't mean that they will, nor does it mean they have to.

Its been on MTA Board Metting materials listed it.

And so have a number of other things that were subsequently changed or removed without previous warning.

There are articles out there shows MTA 100 key ADA stations their goal by 2020. I dont have the links with me as of right now because I am in my new computer, my old computer crash.

and? You know and I know MTA gives the dates. That doesnt bother me if the dates are accurate. Whats important is MTA needs a lot of stations to be built with ADA. There are lots of groups pressure them and it is in the MTA plan... that info is as accurate to date with one of my source confirms it.

Where are they going to put an elevator at the Kings Hwy station on the B/Q???? There's barely any room on that platform!!

I believe that they are placing the elevator on the southern side of Kings Hwy, between the staircases, there's a slot for the elevator on the Coney Island/ Brighton Beach bound platform already.

Archived