7 Years ago today 11/3/03

R33WF

Last Run World's Fair R33/R36 cars made their last run in revenue service on the morning of 11/3/2003, with cars (E)9564-9565-9309-9582-9583-9584-9585-9617-9616-9587-9586(W). Left Time sq at 10;30AM making Local stops to Willets Point Shea Stadium

Red=scrap

green= still around

Since it been 7 years since the Redbirds retired here a video I made back in 2008. I will have the video on for 24hrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdVRvSYgYMg

I bet those people on the platforms were probably thinking. "Are these old red trains back again?" Wouldn't surprise me if they thinking that. The very cars responsible for introducing me to trains are not dead. They are alive and well. What surprises me is even though this video was taken five years after they were removed from revenue service their lights still work. It's sad though that 9564-9565 and 9617-9616 were reefed.

Yeah, they had no choice, they were in very bad shape, I rerember that morning, the very last Redbird I was on was in september of 2003.

Yes these cars will never be forgotten but I never liked these cars anyways compared to the R62's on the (4).Those cars looked like shit I always loved the R62's b\c they were brighter,fast,better looking and well air conditioned.Everytime I would take the (4) I hoped it was a 62.But back then I didn't know the Redbirds were old and retiring b\c I was like 4yrs old or so.They were horribly tagged,hot and had a weird smell also the rusting.But I did like the rollsigns.

I know! :cry: I loved these cars in their aquamarine and cream paint and robin's blue interior. On the largely elevated Flushing (Corona) Line the R33/R36 WF cars looked :cool:.

I also liked them in their Red Bird paint.

No Comment

Archived