hi everyone (new to ny got a question!)

Username

hi everyone, so glad i found this forum, i just moved to ny(im originally from california). i am living in a town called glen cove that resides in long island and have just recently got job opportunities in manhattan(nyc), the only problem is... ive never been to the city before and have no idea how to get from glen cove to manhattan on a daily basis(i dont have a car either :S).

any recommendations or help? thanks in advance!!!

hmmm... Your username is well... "Username" and you didn't mention you being a railfan and/ or a bus fan, so I assume you created your account only to gather some info on how to get from point A to point B.

Well hopefully you'll get some info on how to get to your destination, also welcome aboard! :cool:

Welcome aboard, Username from 70(EE)! In Glen Cove, you're on the Oyster Bay Branch of the LIRR which has frequent service to New York City. The LIRR station is at Duck Pond Road and Pearsall Avenue.

Two main transfer stations: Jamaica in Queens connection with (E) (J)/(Z) subway lines and Penn Station in Manhattan connection with (1)(2)(3) Broadway-Seventh Avenue subways and (A)(C)(E) Eighth Avenue subways and convient to (:P(D)(F)(M) Sixth Avenue subways (one block east on West 34th Street.

Archived