A Manhattan Mom Versus The MTA | Booted from the +SBS15

mark1447

thats real s@#%ty stuff to kick a mother with 2 of her kids off the bus cause of an invalid card and to give her a $100 fine to boot.. Nah thats straight up wrong. Dragging 2 kids around with you and when one of the cards dont work, they should have let her pass. I doubt this lady goes around pulling this all the time taking advantage.

And you know what, this is a plain old DUMB system. Why cant the bus have a regular fare box on it? Why do they have to be so different with the way they are trying this new system? Screw that.. I hope it turns out like the BX12, no one pays,

I've said this multiple times: why can't they have a fare collection reader installed for all the doorways? People are still going to clog up the front by getting off there. At least if people can swipe/dip the card in a reader [with a camera monitoring] then that would be more useful than hoping people uses the machines on the streets and wasting paper and labor [people inspecting the papers].

The only good part about SBS is people entering via all the doors. Bad part is hoping the people used the machines and 'paid' already.

The most effective option (although space is probably an issue) would be to put turnstiles at each door so that nobody can evade the fare with the honor system we have now. If you jump the turnstile then it's obvious and there will most likely someone who would say something if the driver didn't see it himself.

But back on topic, if the woman knew that her metro card didn't have money on it, she should go to the bus driver, explain the situation, and I doubt that the driver wouldn't let the mother with 2 kids on.

No sympathy from me and I could care less that she's a mother with kids. It was her responsibility to have money on her card so that it wouldn't be invalid or come up at insufficent funds. If I can do it, she can do it too.

Exactly!

thats real s@#%ty stuff to kick a mother with 2 of her kids off the bus cause of an invalid card and to give her a $100 fine to boot.. Nah thats straight up wrong. Dragging 2 kids around with you and when one of the cards dont work, they should have let her pass. I doubt this lady goes around pulling this all the time taking advantage.

So now having kids is a reason/excuse to get away with things? That's a great message to send out there... Hey if your a mom with kids, you don't have to pay the fare, if you get caught you can just complain about it and play the poor victim on the news for getting a ticket for your wrong doing.

All this world is full of is people who feel THEY are above the rules that millions of other people have to play by daily... If they get caught then they want to go on the news (or make a sad face for the cover of the Daily News) playing the victim or "poor me" for being penalized for their actions.3

IT'S SICKENING!

I took the downtown SBS M15 today from 125 to 57, and I am amazed by how little people still understand the concept of pay outside the bus. I get that one or two people have problems, but half the crowd at every stop couldn't figure it out... worse, the operator waited for all of them, spending five minutes or more at every stop. One poor guy sitting in the single seat behind the driver went in and out of the bus at least ten times helping people figure out the machines. On the bus, the reception is still negative to the whole idea. With the political pressure of the Upper East Side, I can see the system being eliminated....

I took the downtown SBS M15 today from 125 to 57, and I am amazed by how little people still understand the concept of pay outside the bus. I get that one or two people have problems, but half the crowd at every stop couldn't figure it out... worse, the operator waited for all of them, spending five minutes or more at every stop. One poor guy sitting in the single seat behind the driver went in and out of the bus at least ten times helping people figure out the machines. On the bus, the reception is still negative to the whole idea. With the political pressure of the Upper East Side, I can see the system being eliminated....

Or the SBS would be neutered down to having all passengers pay the fare on the bus thus killing most of the efficiency of it. But I do not think it will go to that point.

it's not that hard to understand.It's like using an ATM...if they know how to use that,they should understand the basics on how to use the machines.

it's not that hard to understand.It's like using an ATM...if they know how to use that,they should understand the basics on how to use the machines.

Hey, I agree with you 100%. The directions are there in big bold colorful signs, yet people still find a way to ignore directions and have no idea what they're doing..

Archived