Long Island Bus Looses Critical MTA funding

FamousNYLover

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And whoever takes over ain't gettin' shit from the County, which means it comes out of our pockets and that company has to either cut even essential service or raise fares to something most current riders cannot afford. By then, either Mangano will realize that his solution failed or the county will pay up.

Nassau County is very stupid just put it that way, Can't Blame the (MTA), Blame Nassau County for being ********, The (MTA) compromised and that ******* still said we want to go private, ******* moron, oh well say good bye to LIB and I do ride LIB most of the time and I do feel bad for the people and this is going to make the (F) loose a big chunk of ridership while the (E) will gain more due to the LIRR (for the people that are willing to pay for the LIRR) so this is going to be hell on earth.

Nassau County is very stupid just put it that way, Can't Blame the (MTA), Blame Nassau County for being ********, The (MTA) compromised and that ******* still said we want to go private, ******* moron, oh well say good bye to LIB and I do ride LIB most of the time and I do feel bad for the people and this is going to make the (F) loose a big chunk of ridership while the (E) will gain more due to the LIRR (for the people that are willing to pay for the LIRR) so this is going to be hell on earth.

Blame

ED MANGANO!

He isnt trying to compromise with the MTA

On the day before LI Bus Rally at Mineola, when I spread news to N4 Riders at Jamaica Center, some LIB riders had different opinion.

Most riders don't want it be private bus company.

Other riders want it to become private bus company.

Maybe, TWU Local in Nassau County should go take their shuttle bus to Albany to send message to NY State Lawmarkers to bring back MTA Money back just like taxi driver went with their taxi for strike.

Those riders don't know what they're talking....let them wait and see the service cuts and the fare increase.

Not to mention the people with cars will be forced to pay for a system that LIB's current riders can't afford.

Those are the people that think the bus stops for them, that they should be "catered" to. I'd "cater" a good punch in the face to them if they annoyed me about it.

And I'd love to take a bus to an LIRR station. My station (Valley Stream) is served by the last remaining single digit numbered route that no one rides here (the N2) when people ride the N1, which no longer goes there because of "low ridership among diversion." Not to mention the Far Rockaway branch is iffy when it comes to one seat rides to Penn Station.

Archived