Transit workers deliberately slow Christmas Eve Bronx bus service over labor tussle.

Locomotion69

Trust me I hear this and thats what happens but last week at Certain Depots we werent to happy when we was suppost to get our Holiday Checks and lets just say peeps was going out late or bangin' out that day but the other side got wind of this and yes those checks was at certain depots ASAP

You have to do what you have to do, but at the same time it sucks to wait a half hour for a bus when the wind chill is 15 degrees.

I understand and Everyone has to understand you have no idea what happens behind closed doors and its messed up for you peeps but if we don't get whats due then THE UNION tells us what to do sometimes .

Mental retardation of a city agency. It never stops with them. A week or two ago the same thing happened. Then management wants to go hard on employees by sending them home and/or issuing violations for reporting ONE TO TWO MINUTES late. And mind you, I know people that report like 15 minutes early and STILL pull out 15 minutes late because yard dispatchers are too busy BSing behind said closed doors. Bus has no brake light and they want you to pull it out anyway. Just after two injurious mechanical failures in the last month.

In a capitalist society such as this one, corporations fail to realize that you can't treat workers badly and expect the system to work efficiently. You have to take care of human needs and have a sense of humanity before you deal with the economic aspect and before you can expect the system to work properly and everybody to be happy.

They also fail to realize that they must answer for what they've done. Including being starved of funds due to their economic recklessness and mistreatment of workers. Some may say that I am stretching it a little, but karma is a b*tch, let's not forget.

In a capitalist society such as this one, corporations fail to realize that you can't treat workers badly and expect the system to work efficiently. You have to take care of human needs and have a sense of humanity before you deal with the economic aspect and before you can expect the system to work properly and everybody to be happy.

They also fail to realize that they must answer for what they've done. Including being starved of funds due to their economic recklessness and mistreatment of workers. Some may say that I am stretching it a little, but karma is a b*tch, let's not forget.

That is why Elliot G. Sanders and Howard H. Roberts were better. They understood why workers did what they did, and wanted to put a stop to it, by making it a better work environment, so we would be happy to come to work. MTA has a bad habit of questioning and punishing personnel, but never questions a complaint from a customer, or go after another driver for causing an accident, etc.

You ain't stretchin' nuttin. It's a fact what you said, and the DOB does stick together, which is why they get more at surface. Here if we do a slowdown, like what has happened in the past, OMG. You will have T/O's and C/R's crying, "I can understand, but damn they are going to slow". This is why we have it very difficult in RTO.

The Bx12 Select Bus was backed up on Friday. Initially, I thought it was because of the traffic at Bay Plaza. Now I find this out. If B/O's have a problem with management, they shouldn't make riders suffer (especially in the freezing cold).

You have to do what you have to do, but at the same time it sucks to wait a half hour for a bus when the wind chill is 15 degrees.

Wear a bigger coat, a warmer hat, more insulated gloves, double up the socks, two long john's, a thicker pair of pants, or one of those snow suits, etc. Stop crying about a 15 degree wind chill. In Sarah Palin's Alaska, they deal with wind chill 40 below, etc. You have it 55 degrees warmer..........

Wear a bigger coat, a warmer hat, more insulated gloves, double up the socks, two long john's, a thicker pair of pants, or one of those snow suits, etc. Stop crying about a 15 degree wind chill. In Sarah Palin's Alaska, they deal with wind chill 40 below, etc. You have it 55 degrees warmer..........

And thank God for having different opinions...

Archived