Trainz Sim NYCTA Videos

Hey everyone.

After the success and enthusiasm from my Chrystie St Cut video, I've decided to do a thread where all of our videos can be posted. This isn't meant to replace Stain's awesome photos thread. Simply, all my photos will go there, and videos here.

Also, I will be taking [legitimate] requests for any railfan videos you'd like to see. Just specify the following:

-Route

-Car type

-Origin and destination (please no entire lines yet, let's keep the videos around 10 min or under).

If you'd like a special G.O., also specify. The videos will be posted about a week (at the latest) after request has been received, depending on the volume of requests I get.

For those who need to see a progress report map to find out what is eligible for video so far, see below.

Progress Report Map (as of January 20, 2011)

ProgressReportMap-1.jpg

(1): 79 St-South Ferry

(2)(3): 79 St-Nevins St

(4)(5): 59 St-Nevins St

(6): 59 St-Brooklyn Bridge

(7)(S): Times Sq-Grand Central [Despite what the map shows, only Steinway tubes are completed, not Vernon-Jackson]

(A)(C): 110 St-Hoyt/Schermerhorn

(:D(D): 110 St (if local)-DeKalb Av

(E): 23 St/Ely-WTC

(F): 21 St-Queensbridge-Bergen St

(G): Hoyt/Schermerhorn-Bergen St

(J)(Z): Hewes St-Broad St

(L): 8 Avenue-1 Avenue

(M): Hewes St-23 St/Ely

(N)(Q)(R): 59 St/5 Av-DeKalb Av

-A :cool:

Wow you've been making a lot of progress!

I'm interested to see your Manhattan Bridge so for a request how about this:

Route: (:D (Car type doesn't matter)

Start from DeKalb Avenue, then to Grand Street.

If you don't mind, I'd be interested to see you continue to Broadway-Lafayette, switch over to the local tracks, continue and use the switches to go to the (C)(E) tracks and onto 14th street. If that's too difficult then DeKalb to Grand Street is fine :D

I will eventually release the route once it's finished. it will be for all trainz versions from 2006 on up to 2010. since i have 06 and 10 I will check the route in both versions before release. I will not set a release date yet bc there's still a lot to be done. it will be all 468 stations all 23 yards and over 10,000 signals. since it will try to be as realistic as possible it will be a year at the least before i allow beta testing. the el portions will take the most bc of outdoor scenery after the lines have been laid.

in the meantime, sit back and enjoy the periodic updates!

Wow you've been making a lot of progress!

I'm interested to see your Manhattan Bridge so for a request how about this:

Route: (B) (Car type doesn't matter)

Start from DeKalb Avenue, then to Grand Street.

If you don't mind, I'd be interested to see you continue to Broadway-Lafayette, switch over to the local tracks, continue and use the switches to go to the (C)(E) tracks and onto 14th street. If that's too difficult then DeKalb to Grand Street is fine B)

I'm putting in the signals between Grand St and Atlantic Av tonight. B)

And your G.O. to 14 St has been approved. ;):tup:

And, small edit to the first post: the (N)(Q)(R) begin at Lex-59, not 5 Av.

As per Gorgor's request, here is a video of a (:o from DeKalb to 14 St/8 Av, which got put to the 8 Av local due to mechanical problems at the West 4th Interlocking. Enjoy! And submit more requests! Making videos is something I enjoy! ;)

th_BronxboundB.jpg

Show some love when you can!

I know the video wasn't for me to enjoy, but it's awesome, keep up the great work! And also how did you record that video, do you use a point and shoot?

It's for everyone to enjoy! :tup:

And yes, I use a point-and-shoot. It's easier that way--I try to keep my things simple because my brain might suffer from technological overload! ;)

Having a look at my progress map in the first post, do you have any requests?

Thanks for the info, and I guess if it's not a bother, then I'd like a Union Sq to Brookyn Bridge trip with the (4). Car type: Redbird (If you have it) or R62.

Sure thing! The R62s are easier for me to brake than the Redbirds...but, I will take the 'Birds out for a spin and get my skills in shape! ;)

Also, is this (4) ending its run at BB and looping through? Or is that just the segment you'd like to see?

• 1 month later...

No Problem. The videos have been temporarily put on hold while I finish developing the signals I am currently planning to release. I am going to replace my Trainz route with all of my custom signals--which means a few weeks worth of overhaul. Never fear Rick--it will get posted!

• 7 months later...

Rick, your (4) from Union Square to Brooklyn Bridge through the Loop will be redone, now that I have my custom stations in the route. All I need to do is install signals on that particular portion and we're good to go! :tup:

Also, here is a video I shot today showing off my Brighton Line---well part of it. It's an (S) coming into Prospect Park normally, then relaying down the n/b local for a bit, changing direction, and coming back to the s/b local platform for afternoon storage. I hope you all enjoy! Any other requests can be made. Here is an updated map as well showing you which areas are finished/available for "fanning".

th_Brighton1.jpg

October 11, 2011 AM Progress Map:

10-11Progress.jpg

Rick, your (4) from Union Square to Brooklyn Bridge through the Loop will be redone, now that I have my custom stations in the route. All I need to do is install signals on that particular portion and we're good to go! :tup:

Also, here is a video I shot today showing off my Brighton Line---well part of it. It's an (S) coming into Prospect Park normally, then relaying down the n/b local for a bit, changing direction, and coming back to the s/b local platform for afternoon storage. I hope you all enjoy! Any other requests can be made. Here is an updated map as well showing you which areas are finished/available for "fanning".

th_Brighton1.jpg

10-11Progress.jpg

th_Brighton1.jpg

10-11Progress.jpg

could you do a video of a (6) and (5) entering grand central at the same time? seeing as you already modeled grand central.

th_Brighton1.jpg

10-11Progress.jpg

could you do a video of a (6) and (5) entering grand central at the same time? seeing as you already modeled grand central.

Archived