Post-R32 fleet for the (C) - R179 or R46?

ABQ RIDE

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The original plan was for the R160s to replace everything from R32 to R42, but as we all know that plan changed. The plan for the R179 is to (don't quote on this cuz plans change as always) replace everything that's left of the R32s & R42s.

No one knows where the R211 is going, no one even knows who's building it (if it actually gets that far

And who says the R68s are gonna retire in 2025? Sure they will be of retirement age but that doesn't mean they will retire. Take this example. The R32s were "supposed" to last about 35 years, but now look at them. They're 46 years old and still going strong.

No one knows the future car assignments. Not even the (MTA) knows since they change their minds every 3 seconds.

Just wait until that bridge gets here and we'll cross it

Why cant people just wait and see what happens, I mean jeeze. All this turns into is "this is going there and thats going there and I dont want that there and Ill hate that if it goes there".

The R211 doesnt even exist yet and people are drawing up plans where they may go.

Hmmm I wonder where the R300 is going?

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The original plan was for the R160s to replace everything from R32 to R42, but as we all know that plan changed. The plan for the R179 is to (don't quote on this cuz plans change as always) replace everything that's left of the R32s & R42s.

No one knows where the R211 is going, no one even knows who's building it (if it actually gets that far

And who says the R68s are gonna retire in 2025? Sure they will be of retirement age but that doesn't mean they will retire. Take this example. The R32s were "supposed" to last about 35 years, but now look at them. They're 46 years old and still going strong.

No one knows the future car assignments. Not even the (MTA) knows since they change their minds every 3 seconds.

Just wait until that bridge gets here and we'll cross it

This is all speculation and nothing more,i agree with you Fresh Pond.

Thank you, and the R46 were on the (Q) in 2001.

Though it still would be weird to see an R46 coming flying down Broadway Express with a (Q) sign ;).

That was cuz of 9/11, so the (R) couldn't run to Queens so they extended the (Q). Long story short, it was just a set from Jamaica that the (Q) uses since it terminated there.

I think this is the game plan:

8 Avenue

(A) R46

(C) R46 / few R179 (10 car sets)

Jamaica Yard

(E)(F)(G)(R) ALL R160 (thats what Jamaica Yard Wants)

C.I. / Concourse yard will stay the same, except R179's on the (;), and those leftover R68/A's to the... well... I dont know :confused:

ENY Yard

(J) R160/179

(Z) R160/179

(L) R143/160

(M) R160/179

The R32's on the (C) and R42's on the (J)(Z) will be retired, R179's / R46 will take their place.

the (SIR) will get R179's as well.

now Im not saying any of this will happen, just what I would do. I still dont know what to do with those leftover R68/A...

SIR is definitely NOT getting R179's anytime soon, and may not ever. They will be getting retrofitted R46's.

Let's take delivery of the R179's and R188's before we even mention something like an R211, which we likely won't even see until the end of the decade, if it even comes out then!

Why cant people just wait and see what happens, I mean jeeze. All this turns into is "this is going there and thats going there and I dont want that there and Ill hate that if it goes there".

The R211 doesnt even exist yet and people are drawing up plans where they may go.

Hmmm I wonder where the R300 is going?

Because all these people (foamers) are tooo in a rush to see changes..

Once all the OTTs are gone or in progress of retirement, then they are gonna cry like an ass wishing for it not to die. Trust me, everyone (select) is gonna foam the R179/R188s+ is hitting the rail, but towards the end of the delivery, everyones gonna start hating on them. Just like the R160! Its a stupid cycle..

I'm not in any rush for things to happen.. Its better to go slow with time instead of speeding.. Its like I'm not in a rush to be an old man.

The C/CC has historically ran the oldest trains in the system and that may not change. The A ran the R44s when they were new along with the F and D lines. Depending on the design, the R179s or newer, like R211s may go on a heavy volume line like the E and F but may go to the A, the primary line running the R46, after the R32/R40s, the oldest equipment. The R179s may go to the A if the R46s are retired in 2015/2016 but not sure they'll go to the C as well. The C may get R68s if the R68s are replaced on B, D, partial N lines when the time comes.

Archived