MTA Nassau County Bus

intune001

I used to take the LIRR from New Hyde Park to to Penn Station. Now I take the N24 to Jamica and use the E or F train. It's a lot cheaper! I have heard that Nassau County will eliminate these essential buses..N24, N22,N6, etc. since they are not paying the MTA enough money. Is this possible? How can the MTA disregard so many commuters??

Welcome aboard.

I always love Long Island Bus better than LIRR because I have an Unlimited MetroCard.

If MTA took all funding from Long Island Bus, it could become privatize and bus could be higher fare for Nassau County and more service cut, and LIB Bus Operators could loose job.

NY State Court (or whatever the highest level court in NY is) ordered Nassau to pay up. They even took over Nassau's finances after it turned out that it couldn't really manage its own money, so I think they're fine for about another two years....

And isn't the 165th Street Terminal a good 10 minute walk from Sutphin Boulevard? I know about the (F) being accessible on the N6, 22/A, and 24...

Welcome, though, it's always cool to have another Long Islander here that actually takes LIB...

• 1 month later...

Archived