New Department of Buses Facility at St George Terminal

East New York

(MTA) - This project will construct a new facility for NYC Transit employees at the St. George Terminal in Staten Island to support bus operations.

Finally, TA employees will have a facility with a lounge, that they will be able to use 24 hours. Phase one planning of this project should wrap up this year. As of now, there is no word of exactly when the facility will be complete.

• 9 months later...
(MTA) - This project will rehabilitate and expand the 2nd floor at St. George Ferry and Bus Terminal in the borough of Staten Island to provide a new swing room for bus operators. Work will include constructing a kitchenette, a supply room, and rest rooms. In addition, the existing dispatcher's control room, CCTV, lighting and PA system will be upgraded.

Facility design is scheduled to begin next month (December). Plans should be finalized in January, rehab and construction is set to begin December 2012.

I'm just wondering if any of these upgrades will benefit the passengers? They used to make announcements of when buses were delayed or not coming or whatever, but that hasn't been happening anymore.

This upgrade is for Bus Operators...... It has nothing to do with passengers.

SI is getting Real Bus Time anyway.

Staff from what I was told..... I could be wrong though.

That's strange. They have a PA system that they use for the passengers or that they used to use back in the day, but then they went to the screens which showed the bus times and such at the terminal so they got away from the PA announcements to a degree.

Archived