Shattered Windows?

Lexington Av Local

Today in the morning i rode a (C) that had a shattered window!

Apparently the (MTA) is REALLY strapped for money because it was "fixed" with scotch tape. Just a bunch of scotch tape. Not even duct take. I thought all the windows the (MTA) uses are shatter proof. A window in the other car was also shattered and had scotch tape on it.

On a side note, what happened to the (L) this morning? I also saw an (L) train that said "Shuttle" that started it's line at Atlantic Avenue...

Apparently the (MTA) is REALLY strapped for money because it was "fixed" with scotch tape. Just a bunch of scotch tape. Not even duct take. I thought all the windows the (MTA) uses are shatter proof. A window in the other car was also shattered and had scotch tape on it.

What R-32 # car was this? And thats temporary since that train has to get taken OOS for a new window.

Sh*t happens.It doesn't mean the train completely broke down it could be a door malfunction or something.All trains break down thats why we have maintenance(Yards and shops)

Of course Sh*t happens, but i was also on an R160 on the (L) that already didn't sound so nice when i got on at Broadway Junction and at First Avenue i heard a small bang and we stayed there for about 6 minutes after the C/R said they'll investigate. I doubt it was nothing too bad since the train completed the line

Theres no such thing as shatterproof glass, its only laminated to prevent glass shards from flying all over the place, and are you sure it was scotch tape and not the lamination?

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Said train was most likely taken OOS once it got to either terminal. Probably a patch job for a put-in train, idk

I always thought those windows were pretty damn thick except for the 75' cars where you can kick the end windows (not side windows) out in case of an emergency

Archived