B/O

Tracey

good morning everyone, i am in direr need i take my drug and phy on 3/8 my list number is 49 i am currenlty a trailer driver i have 2 points on my dl since 5/2009 i was recently convicted on 3/1/2011 of a speeding violation with 4 points did i just SCREW myself out of the job with mta:eek:

Dam!

I'd like to assume that speeding violation you were convicted of is something that happened at least a month or two before you received your notice for Transit and that you tried to fight it off your record but couldn't. Hopefully it was worth it, like you needed to jet your wife or girlfriend to the hospital ASAP because she was squatting a baby and was in agonizing pain wailing away like a scorned banshee trapped in a fire with no way out but through the news. Go to your appointments and take on a you-never-know attitude, listen to instructions carefully, don't make people repeat themselves and be non-confrontational and as friendly as possible (you know, like a normal civilized person). Hopefully you are able to get away with this and not kill anyone including yourself while speeding during rush hours. Good luck! hope you get the job.

oh wait you're a woman.

good morning everyone, i am in direr need i take my drug and phy on 3/8 my list number is 49 i am currenlty a trailer driver i have 2 points on my dl since 5/2009 i was recently convicted on 3/1/2011 of a speeding violation with 4 points did i just SCREW myself out of the job with mta:eek:

Why didnt you put off the court date from 3/1 to something 6 month from now ? Then reschedule one more time.... then get a lawyer and reschedule again....

You are probably in deep p00p with MTA now

Why didnt you put off the court date from 3/1 to something 6 month from now ? Then reschedule one more time.... then get a lawyer and reschedule again....

You are probably in deep p00p with MTA now

I was thinking the same thing unless she didn't realize you can postpone it. I know you get one free postonement, then, if you need a second one, you have to tell a judge why and pay a $40.00 bond. I have a speeding ticket from January 2008 still in the process. I want to try to postpone it one more time so maybe the cop doesn't show up with it being a 2+ year old offence or he does show up, and the offence gets removed quickly from my record since the time period it takes for it to be scratched from your record starts from the moment the ticket was issued.

If you had those tickets out of state than you're fine, you only get points for in state violations...now if you got those tix in the state than just hope they keep you on the list.

Not as far as MTA is concerned !

if they see a ticket they dont care if its from PA or AK.

If its out of state there is a chance they dont see it, but if they catch you lying , you are done !

Seaking of tickets, I always had a question on my mind so I thought I would ask it here. Warning: the B/Os out here will think it's a totally stupid question:

Do MTA buses ever get pulled over by cops and get issued tickets like regular drivers? I've seen private buses get into trouble with cops, but I have NEVER once seen an MTA bus get into any type of trouble. Do MTA buses have some sort of immunity?

Not as far as MTA is concerned !

if they see a ticket they dont care if its from PA or AK.

If its out of state there is a chance they dont see it, but if they catch you lying , you are done !

I understand what you're saying and I never said to lie, I am just saying that out of state tickets don't count as points on your new york abstract neither do they show up. They will show up on his National record though especially if he went 15 over the speed limit, thats considered a serious moving violation for a cdl holder.

Seaking of tickets, I always had a question on my mind so I thought I would ask it here. Warning: the B/Os out here will think it's a totally stupid question:

Do MTA buses ever get pulled over by cops and get issued tickets like regular drivers? I've seen private buses get into trouble with cops, but I have NEVER once seen an MTA bus get into any type of trouble. Do MTA buses have some sort of immunity?

Cops have more important things to do, buses have a schedule to maintain. You can say the MTA buses have immunity as does DSNY, we all have seen Sanitation trucks running lights, backing up the entire block, running up on the curb,etc.

wow r u serious people out there are still sexist r u kidding me well how about this befrore you judge know the situation if you dont leave your sexist remarks to yourself, and 2nd of all trust and believe you need your job more then i need this one.. so how bout this bite me...

wow r u serious people out there are still sexist r u kidding me well how about this befrore you judge know the situation if you dont leave your sexist remarks to yourself, and 2nd of all trust and believe you need your job more then i need this one.. so how bout this bite me...

Well chomp chomp chomp, yes people out there are still sexist just not us. They are right though, you might have been able to postpone this until you got through a bit of paperwork with the TA. Just depends on the window of opportunity you had between conviction and transit appointments. Although seemingly grim, you don't know what the MTA is going to present you with officially until you DO go to your appointments. Seriously good luck with everything tomorrow, keep us posted.

Archived