Most used local station?

Gorgor

81 St - Museum of Natural History is the busiest CPW local stop; in 2010 it's annual ridership count was 4,063,020.

However, the CPW local stops in general do not exhibit such ridership; the CPW local's average annual ridership per station in 2010 is 2,488,640.

As for the busiest local stops, both can be found on the (6) - and both are located on the Upper East Side (figures as of 2010):

77 St: 10,819,466

68 St - Hunter College: 10,165,641.

Ah, I thought so. Where did you find those statistics?

Subway ridership figures can also be found at http://mta.info under Facts and Figures. It's a good list but some of the 468 subway stations are combined and the figures (annual, average weekday, average Saturday and average Sunday) reflect all the subway stations in the complex. For example Fulton Street.

Here's a list of some of the top local stops in order. Only "true" local stations, not ones that only express trains serve after the local ended, for example Bowling Green isn't considered a "true" local station. The number on the right is its rank for most frequently used station in the entire system. Only stations in Manhattan are included.

(6) 77th Street - #25

(6) 68th Street - #28

(6) 33rd Street - #30

(6) 23rd Street - #31

(N)(R) 49th Street - #42

(1) 50th Street - #45

(6) 96th Street - #48

(F)(M) 23rd Street - #49

(C)(E) 23rd Street - #52

(1) 66th Street - #54

(E)(M) 5th Avenue - #55

(6) 28th Street - #57

(L) 1st Avenue - #58

(1) 86th Street - #63

(N)(R) 23rd Street - #66

(F) 2nd Avenue - #67

(C)(E) 50th Street - #72

(6) Astor Place - #73

(N)(R) 8th Street - #75

(1) 79th Street - #79

(1) 116th Street - #85

The (6) makes it up there 7 times.

They were sent to me upon request by the man in charge of keeping ridership records.

Quick question, by any chance are you going to be able to put a thread with the 2010 ridership for all stations in NYC transit?

Queens: It's Woodhaven Boulevard (M)(R)(E) late nights.

I guess my homestation is a busy station B)

I still think they should have made that station an express station. It would really help me too.

Nowadays when I go on subway trips I try to Avoid that station by either taking the Q38 to the (M), Q72 to the (7), and when coming back I take the (N)(R) to Lexington Avenue-59 Street & walk to the Q60 from there.

This is a bit off-topic, but why didn't they make an exit at Woodhaven blvd to Queens Center mall?

Also why did they make that exit right in the middle of noplace (you have to cross the street if you want to go anywhere B))?

This is a bit off-topic, but why didn't they make an exit at Woodhaven blvd to Queens Center mall?

Also why did they make that exit right in the middle of noplace (you have to cross the street if you want to go anywhere B))?

Woodhaven Blvd Station was built way before Queens Center Mall OR the LIE were over there. So the station exits were positioned to be logical to the old streets of Slattery Plaza. It exists no longer because of the LIE going over everything.

Archived