Most used local station?

Gorgor

Well I found this on the MTA site which has the top 10 most used stations, but I'm curious as to what the most used local station in the subway is, in terms of people.

My guess would probably be 77th street on the (6), or maybe the last stop on the (7).

Yep.

It depends on whether you need all trains that stop at the stations are local, or only some of them (like 59th st/Columbus, and even Canel St).

It depends on what you count as local. The winner has to be Lexington/53rd (E)(M)(6), if you consider that a local stop.

Well, if it were merely a local stop I'd say Woodhaven Bl, but IDK.

on the (M)(R) or (J)(Z)? :P

the one on the (J)(Z) barely has any people...

though the one on QBL is a very busy station. Its also my home station. I heard at one point the IND had plans to make Woodhaven blvd an express station, thats why theres bellmouths on either end of the platorm.

I know of some other local stations that can get crowded, such as Canal Street or 51 Street on the (6).

Also 74 Street on the (7) tends to get very crowded too.

This is a bit off-topic, but Queens Plaza seems to always be an empty station. I think the only reason its an express station is because its the last transfer available in Queens Between the (E)(M) & (R) trains.

btw Is Grand Street (;)(D) considered a local or express station? if local, then that gets very busy as well.

on the (M)(R) or (J)(Z)? :P

the one on the (J)(Z) barely has any people...

though the one on QBL is a very busy station. Its also my home station. I heard at one point the IND had plans to make Woodhaven blvd an express station, thats why theres bellmouths on either end of the platorm.

I know of some other local stations that can get crowded, such as Canal Street or 51 Street on the (6).

Also 74 Street on the (7) tends to get very crowded too.

This is a bit off-topic, but Queens Plaza seems to always be an empty station. I think the only reason its an express station is because its the last transfer available in Queens Between the (E)(M) & (R) trains.

btw Is Grand Street (;)(D) considered a local or express station? if local, then that gets very busy as well.

Likely Woodhaven Blvd (Queens Mall) on the (M)(R).

Likely Woodhaven Blvd (Queens Mall) on the (M)(R).

Thats my home station :P

Im getting tired of passing by there every time I go on a subway trip. And yes I usually dash up the stairs first because of the crowds so big.

So I guess so...

CPW isn't really that busy, except for 81st (for obvious reasons)

What's the reasons, the museum? I used to use that station in the morning sometimes and the platform would never get crowded; just the average, or maybe even below average, amount of people for rush hour.

For those stations you mention, are you able to get in the first train that comes, or do you have to let one or two go by until you're able to squeeze into the train?

i have to let 3 (5) trains pass by at baychester before being able to get on cuz those trains come out of dyre avenue packed. talk about a good residential place to put a subway station in. those (5) come full no one can even get on with how packed they leave dyre. thats why i wait for the 4th (5) train which comes about half full

What's the reasons, the museum? I used to use that station in the morning sometimes and the platform would never get crowded; just the average, or maybe even below average, amount of people for rush hour.

81 St - Museum of Natural History is the busiest CPW local stop; in 2010 it's annual ridership count was 4,063,020.

However, the CPW local stops in general do not exhibit such ridership; the CPW local's average annual ridership per station in 2010 is 2,488,640.

As for the busiest local stops, both can be found on the (6) - and both are located on the Upper East Side (figures as of 2010):

77 St: 10,819,466

68 St - Hunter College: 10,165,641.

I think the spirit of the question he meant is among those stations that can be skipped by trains during a normal service pattern. Places like 161-Yankee Stadium come to mind.

Except when the Yankees are playing, obviously :P

Hmm, wait, even then it can be skipped 'cause people can take MNRR to Yankees-E153rd st.

Archived