BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheaply made, maybe, but not being able to fit in the seats is not a reason for you to be mad. Why can't you be happy that your bus even showed up?

Young man?? What in the world are you talking about?? The lines I ride usually don't have Prevosts, so I don't have that leg room issue, so long as I avoid the X1, X2 and X9, which has them. :cool: In any event, you're telling me you wouldn't be cranky if you got on a bus and had to smashed up in a seat for an hour with no legroom? Come on now!! :P

Seen my stalker again on the B35 today (go figure smh)

I swear, one of these days I'll get a restraining order against that bus :D

Exactly. C40 lfs, the old one, are pretty loud, yet those runs just fine. Sounds don't indicate much.

Detroit Diesel engines are generally louder than their Cummins counterparts...and thats why I love them :cool:

What does their loudness have to do with then being "cheaply" made? That's just the engine that makes it loud, not its build quality.

Well the engine is just the icing on the cake. I agree that they are loud and it's not a pleasant loud either. Those Prevosts were a waste of money, and you know it's bad when I'm against new express buses. The (MTA) would be much better off w/MCIs. I just feel for the folks that have to ride them because overall they don't like them and I've heard various comments about folks trying to avoid getting them. The seats are cramped even for average sized folks and everything looks cheap on that bus. A total ripoff for $5.50. :tdown:

Well the engine is just the icing on the cake. I agree that they are loud and it's not a pleasant loud either. Those Prevosts were a waste of money, and you know it's bad when I'm against new express buses. The (MTA) would be much better off w/MCIs. I just feel for the folks that have to ride them because overall they don't like them and I've heard various comments about folks trying to avoid getting them. The seats are cramped even for average sized folks and everything looks cheap on that bus. A total ripoff for $5.50. :tdown:

Yeah, we know it's bad when you complain about express buses...

:D

How foolish of me... That's the motto at the (MTA)... Going your way - Things could always be worse... LOL We should never expect things to be as they should be.

If things were going the way they should be, the express bus system would have the same farebox recovery ratio as the local bus system, and the fare probably would be $10. (I'm not advocating for a fare hike, but I'm just sayin')

Oh please...the MTA would be better off getting whatever they pleased other than catering to your whim because you like MCIs so much...as for me a Prevost blows the MCIs out the water. I hope we get more of them and push more MCIs out the door.

Prevost leads the way!

Oh please...the MTA would be better off getting whatever they pleased other than catering to your whim because you like MCIs so much...as for me a Prevost blows the MCIs out the water. I hope we get more of them and push more MCIs out the door.

Prevost leads the way!

I'm confused... I thought you said express buses were so expensive... :D Prevosts certainly aren't cheap in terms of price, but these were built like crap in terms of quality. I'm not worried... The (MTA) will start ordering MCIs again once they come back to reality. God knows what they were thinking. :(

Yes they may be expensive but that doesn't mean I don't support ordering them for the areas that demands for it, unlike certain parts of the city where buses run every hour off peak and is carrying more air than passengers.

Since Riverdale is your new home don't be shocked if the MTA ever orders suburban-styled local buses cuz if it were up to me the Bronx would have nothing but and I'd keep all the Prevosts to myself in SI. :D