Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

R142A 7219/7220 is at............ Kawasaki

R142A in Yonkers. With a 2 or so in the plant (# unknown).. Answer to why they are there is in the first reply.. Already been knew anyways. But for those who didn't then yeah.

34j3vr7.jpg

Photo taken: April 9, 2011

Edited by mark1447

R188 Conversion/CBTC Retrofit.

Damn.. Fast and good one! Yes! The time has come for some R142A upgrade Surgery!:P

Na they run on battery via Metro north to Yonkers.How could you FORGET!!!

LOL that would be neat tho to see a subway car go over the hell gate or thru penn station......

hahahaha yeahhhhhh................. that will totally fry the shoe and parts with just 700 volts

hahahaha yeahhhhhh................. that will totally fry the shoe and parts with just 700 volts

Not necessarily, its only 100 volts more than the city's.

Sooo thats what i saw going over hell Gate? Wow that was fast and nice

When did u see this go over the hell gate? The Hell Gate is on the Northeast Corridor not the Hudson line. There is no connection from the NEC to the Hudson unless it went via Penn or some other freight / non revenue tracks up north. (Such as the MNCRR Beacon line) And requires something to push and/or pull it.

This was truck delivered.

Not necessarily, its only 100 volts more than the city's.

True , maybe slowly.. But I dont think it can even run still has the 3rd rail on Metro-North is above not below like the NYCS/LIRR.

Lol.. That would be neat. But no. Trucks took it over here.

Nice catch, how does it get up there...by truck?

Yes.

True , maybe slowly.. But I dont think it can even run still has the 3rd rail on Metro-North is above not below like the NYCS/LIRR.

It's not that hard to change the third rail shoes, have you seen the picture of the R32 running on 125 and in Grand Central? It is feasible but necessary.

It's not that hard to change the third rail shoes, have you seen the picture of the R32 running on 125 and in Grand Central? It is feasible but necessary.

Yes I have. But even if it can run it, I wonder if components inside the 142a can support all of that voltage.

Will be nice seeing new tech trains on the (7), give the conductors a break from all that talking they have to do..

"*staticstatic*This is a Manhattan-bound (7) next stop is Junction Blvd, stand clear of the closing doors*staticstatic*"

Will be nice seeing new tech trains on the (7), give the conductors a break from all that talking they have to do..

"*staticstatic*This is a Manhattan-bound (7) next stop is Junction Blvd, stand clear of the closing doors*staticstatic*"

I so agree!

Yes I have. But even if it can run it, I wonder if components inside the 142a can support all of that voltage.

Not sure of this but NTTs contain transformers that can decrease the voltage appropriately if necessary. And remember, the R160's can hold 625 volts but use the systems 600v without any problems.

When did u see this go over the hell gate? The Hell Gate is on the Northeast Corridor not the Hudson line. There is no connection from the NEC to the Hudson unless it went via Penn or some other freight / non revenue tracks up north. (Such as the MNCRR Beacon line) And requires something to push and/or pull it.

This was truck delivered.

Yes.

Ok I coulda been mistaken. I saw A train that wasnt Amtrak powered or looked like Amtrak from where I was standing on Randalls Is. It looked like EMUs but this was a few days ago while I was at Icahn.