Service Change Posters

Amtrak7

Made by tracing this (an official MTA image), plus Wikipedia logos/bullets and some hints from (5) special timetables:

samplesigns.jpg

Then I modified it to be the (Q) GO for this weekend. Codes are made up, text is taken from the online GO page. Note: this will NOT PRINT on a letter size piece of paper, it fits on legal size but does not fill the width.

001noq57prospectweb.png

Could someone reliable please verify this against an actual GO poster to make sure all the placement/icons/text are correct? Once verification is received I will consider taking requests.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel like it's wider than legal.

Copy the dimensions from this PDF.

Exact dimensions of mine are 7.5" x 13.78". That PDF is 11x17, tabloid size. Way too big. This isn't a poster, this is supposed to be a column/wall sign.

Not bad, however for those subway posters all the subway bullets are in Akzidenz-Grotesk, not Helvetica. However the plain text is in Helvetica.

Bullets are Wikipedia bullets, if they're wrong, mine will be wrong.

He meant it's very good, but there is an (A) train logo inside the box and that there shouldn't been a box there, just a logo. :tup:

I like all the service changes posters! :tup:

The background that the (A) is on is not transparent, hence the reason why you see a "box" surrounding the bullet (it's easier to see it when you highlight it).

The background that the (A) is on is not transparent, hence the reason why you see a "box" surrounding the bullet (it's easier to see it when you highlight it).

I just noticed that lol it's not that serious though...

Done and done.

<removed to save space>

Same as mine, but be careful which G/O's get the ADA notice. It's actually easier for me to do color, but I think they're all B/W.

LIRR one (not based on LIRR sign, just an edited version of the (Q) sign). This is real GO and this will happen on that day!

003nolirrbabylonpatchog.png

Maybe we can work together to fulfill requests in the future... :P

Kriston Lewis: You could do it.

To Amtrak7:

Can you make:

No BxM2 Pick Up Available at these locations/

Please board BxM2 at following bus stops:

Amsterdam Av/72nd St

81st St/Central Park West

Madison Av/80th St

All other bus stops remain unchanged.

@Amtrak: I'm deliberately doing them in color. In addition, I'm leaving a few inaccuracies here and there to ward off MTA lawyers. All in all, very nice!

You wanna take Yuki's request, or should I have at it?

I already did the BxM2 (too late to edit). Kirston Lewis, you can take the QM16 one. (should we include the board meeting maps?)

004bxm2reroute.png

Archived