One Hell of a 90 Minutes

JubaionBx12+SBS

Actually, a 'commute' is when you travel with some form of public transportation. It doesn't matter if you go from point A to B.

I am not sure where you are getting this from, but this is normally how a commute is understood here in the U.S.::

Commute - A regular journey of some distance to and from one's place of work

So yes, in theory the idea is that you're traveling TO and FROM a place not meandering all over the place. Therefore if you are traveling to the Bronx from Central Park that is a commute, hence why when he started talking about "On my way to Union Square...." we were confused.

I am not sure where you are getting this from, but this is normally how a commute is understood here in the U.S.::

Commute - A regular journey of some distance to and from one's place of work

So yes, in theory the idea is that you're traveling TO and FROM a place not meandering all over the place. Therefore if you are traveling to the Bronx from Central Park that is a commute, hence why when he started talking about "On my way to Union Square...." we were confused.

I'm not sure why you think I dunno what a commute means in the US, 'cause you don't even know any Dutch, do you? (except for the Dutch names in NY lol) There isn't a direct word in Dutch for 'commute'. So don't get me on that one. I do know what a commute is. It just differs how you interpret it.

when was this ??? on the north or south bound side ???

This was on the 22nd the day this thread started on the southbound

side. The northbound doesn't have gap fillers anyway. We were in the train packed with no AC for about 15 minutes. As I said, though, it was nothing major..

I'm not sure why you think I dunno what a commute means in the US, 'cause you don't even know any Dutch, do you? (except for the Dutch names in NY lol) There isn't a direct word in Dutch for 'commute'. So don't get me on that one. I do know what a commute is. It just differs how you interpret it.

Exactly and the way he is using it in this case is the way that I defined it. In other words he's not using it the way that you described it, so that's why it is incorrect. And no I don't speak Dutch, but I do know Spanish, Italian and some French and a little German and of course English. :(

Archived